Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather spend a year as a cop or as a teacher in an inner-city neighborhood?

I'd much rather be the teacher because at least I can help some of the kids turn their life around or change their attitude towards life. Besides, kids would more open up to a teacher than a cop because most cops lack any sort of interpersonal skills and are usually very cold to people from very harsh backgrounds. Which would you rather?

Your idea teachers can help others more than cops is true, but not in the U.S. anymore. With all the new education bills passed blocks teacher/student relationships in areas that actually need it in communities of oppression. Teachers are now afraid of being fired for absolutely anything they say. And think about guidance counselors in schools who now are restrained from talking about real life problems people of color have in a day to day basis. Teachers are now as oppressed as students are when they can't talk about historical racism to students that are afflicted with it. 

I would choose to be a cop so I can be the rat in the department. I would police the police without them knowing it. 

When I was in school, teachers were only in it for the paycheck. They didn't care about the students, especially if they weren't in their "click" or preferred group. My HS art teacher had students that were in her little click. Anyone not in it, and she was just as big a bully as the students were. The other teachers were of the same mindset, but typically didn't have a click.

I've never in my life seen a teacher that gave a fuck about students. And I've only met one cop that was even friendly. This guy went way above and beyond that though. He was a really awesome guy.

37 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

When I was in school, teachers were only in it for the paycheck. They didn't care about the students, especially if they weren't in their "click" or preferred group. My HS art teacher had students that were in her little click. Anyone not in it, and she was just as big a bully as the students were. The other teachers were of the same mindset, but typically didn't have a click.

I've never in my life seen a teacher that gave a fuck about students. And I've only met one cop that was even friendly. This guy went way above and beyond that though. He was a really awesome guy.

I really didn't have much of a high school. I spent almost the whole year in In School Suspension and started off the next year in I.S.S. But my teachers forgot about me and never sent me assignments anymore. So I just sat there and stared at the wall all day. Nobody gave a damn. I had a counselor check up on me and he actually went and got assignments. There was no way I could catch up so I ended up doing homeschool. 

I was a substitute teacher for 5 years so I would choose teacher. I wouldn't choose sub though for obvious reasons. They get dumped on all the time. Once kids got to know me they demanded that I be there sub whenever the teacher would be out and one class threatened to walk out when they saw me in the hallway and learned I was subbing for art (I went to art school so I'm the qualified one to do that). After their threat I had to switch to their class! So I think that I could survive teaching inner city kids a whole lot more than being a cop.

16 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I really didn't have much of a high school. I spent almost the whole year in In School Suspension and started off the next year in I.S.S. But my teachers forgot about me and never sent me assignments anymore. So I just sat there and stared at the wall all day. Nobody gave a damn. I had a counselor check up on me and he actually went and got assignments. There was no way I could catch up so I ended up doing homeschool. 

I dropped out halfway into my junior year. I got a diploma from the school district because they wanted to make sure that after I dropped out, that I didn't come back. Ididn't graduate, but I got a diploma.

Ave education, but fuck school and fuck teachers.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 8/13/2021 at 9:42 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Your idea teachers can help others more than cops is true, but not in the U.S. anymore. With all the new education bills passed blocks teacher/student relationships in areas that actually need it in communities of oppression. Teachers are now afraid of being fired for absolutely anything they say. And think about guidance counselors in schools who now are restrained from talking about real life problems people of color have in a day to day basis. Teachers are now as oppressed as students are when they can't talk about historical racism to students that are afflicted with it. 

I would choose to be a cop so I can be the rat in the department. I would police the police without them knowing it. 

Oh trust me - they'd know and out you real quick or try to set you up so that they can falsely charge you and have you locked away for a long time.

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Oh trust me - they'd know and out you real quick or try to set you up so that they can falsely charge you and have you locked away for a long time.

Luckily I'm not a coward and would know the risks of taking down corrupt cops. But obviously if the system itself is corrupt then it's all pointless. As long as there is real law and order, they would be brought down. 

11 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Luckily I'm not a coward and would know the risks of taking down corrupt cops. But obviously if the system itself is corrupt then it's all pointless. As long as there is real law and order, they would be brought down. 

And there's the problem, the system itself is corrupt and it's not limited to the US either. Majority of the countries I can think of have a very corrupt justice system so you'd be fighting a losing battle. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

And there's the problem, the system itself is corrupt and it's not limited to the US either. Majority of the countries I can think of have a very corrupt justice system so you'd be fighting a losing battle. 

Not entirely. He could type up a lead to the chief, use his crime scene gloves so that there were no fingerprints on it, and anonymously drop it on the chiefs desk when no one was around. Or mail it to him anonymously. Then with the officers act like normal, and when they're busted look as surprised as the rest of the squad or department depending on how big the city is. Deception isn't hard if you put in a little bit of effort.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Not entirely. He could type up a lead to the chief, use his crime scene gloves so that there were no fingerprints on it, and anonymously drop it on the chiefs desk when no one was around. Or mail it to him anonymously. Then with the officers act like normal, and when they're busted look as surprised as the rest of the squad or department depending on how big the city is. Deception isn't hard if you put in a little bit of effort.

His way was openly ratting them out which I was addressing. Your way could work as well - if it were me I'd set up spy cameras in key places in the police station to gather evidence and then launch the videos over the dark web by claiming these were from "hacking" the security system of the police station. They'd never be able to link it back to him and the whole public would know of their shenanigans.