Register Now
killamch89

Scummy Amazon Policy That Steals Employees' Personal Game Projects Dropped After Backlash From Devs

On 8/16/2021 at 1:12 AM, killamch89 said:

This is an excellent point and if I remember correctly, Google had a similar issue with some devs with a somewhat similar policy. A lot of these huge corporations thrive on being parasites to smaller developers, stealing their ideas and then discarding of them when they have what they wanted.

A lot of google graveyard projects are of those small developers. the thing is a lot of good projects are killed purposefully by google which are good. feedburner, rss reader used to be project which entire world used but they killed it. I think even if they allow 20 percent time on such projects they kill it after seeing the demand. google works mysterious ways. 

On 8/22/2021 at 12:54 AM, skyfire said:

A lot of google graveyard projects are of those small developers. the thing is a lot of good projects are killed purposefully by google which are good. feedburner, rss reader used to be project which entire world used but they killed it. I think even if they allow 20 percent time on such projects they kill it after seeing the demand. google works mysterious ways. 

I have to agree - there was a smart glasses device that was created by a company which was gaining traction only for Google to acquire it and kill off the whole brand.

On 8/15/2021 at 3:34 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm not even surprised - Amazon has been doing the same thing to small manufacturers for years. Stealing their product ideas and rebranding them under the Amazon basics title. Amazon are just as horrible as Google and Apple when it comes to stealing projects from other entities and I'm glad that the devs took a stand against Amazon. What are your thoughts on this?

I'm not really surprised at all with what Amazon has done with regards to this to their workers. It's something that they have been doing for a long time and no one seemed to have bothered and it became a norm for them.