Register Now
ZandraJoi

Records

Anybody here collects records? I should back up for the younger generation, any here remember records & record players? lol My husband collected some for awhile. I know my parents still have some from when I was a kid. When we looked thru them recently, we realized us kids didn't take good care of them, so they wouldn't be worth much today. Anybody had a record that skipped at a certain part & you learned that song WITH that skip only to find out much later, that was not part of the song? We had a few like that lol Namely some Christmas songs that were played often duing the Holidays.

Edited by ZandraJoi

I once had a small collection that my parents gave me when I was a kid. I remember listening to 45s like "If You Don't Know Me By Now" and "I Wrote The Songs". I also played Kenny Rogers' The Gambler album repeatedly. It's still one of my favorites actually. I no longer own a record player though. I ended up donating mine a while back. 

9 hours ago, Sharon said:

I once had a small collection that my parents gave me when I was a kid. I remember listening to 45s like "If You Don't Know Me By Now" and "I Wrote The Songs". I also played Kenny Rogers' The Gambler album repeatedly. It's still one of my favorites actually. I no longer own a record player though. I ended up donating mine a while back. 

Funny enough, I found a few when I went to collect some stuff.

I don't collect them, but they'd be a cool hobby to get into. I enjoy the artwork and the different sound they produce.  However, I'm not sure if the sound is better.  What do you all think?  Well, I know that a vinyl captures some sounds in recording that a CD or Mp3 doesn't get.   Well, that's what I think I read.