Register Now
The Blackangel

I would like to ask the forum an extremely important favor

I am extremely trypophobic. What that is, is a fear of small holes in large groups. Unfortunately mine also extends to bumps as well. In my case it is also potentially lethal. I would like to ask that if you are going to post an image in a thread you create, to put a tag or something in the title that would let me, (and others like me) know that there is something that would trigger the phobia, so that we know to stay the hell out of the thread. If you want an example of what I'm talking about you can see one in this thread here. There are also tons of images on google, but I'm not going to try to link any, as doing so could possibly stop my heart in the process.

I know this is asking a lot, and I don't have the right to have everyone make special accommodations just for me. But if you can at least give a warning on posts like this, it could prolong my life and at least let me die peacefully instead of literally dying of fright. So I would appreciate it more than you could ever know.

I'm sorry if this sounds overly dramatic, but on my end it's an extreme situation. My girl often has to come home from work just to "talk me down" so to speak, and get me through it.

I don't think that's unreasonable. I'm also very sorry it was one of my posts that prompted this.

I'll join with you in this request to the forum members to take every care to avoid posting the kind of images you describe or offer a warning about it. It's obviously not guaranteed that everyone will see this thread, but what I'll do is pin this in the hope as many people take notice as possible. I'll also insist people avoid using these images as avatars and profile banners.

Edited by Shagger

I wish you were able to play TLOU series, but I know you can't. I just finished the second game and it unlocked some screen rendering capabilities. Maybe your friend can play through it and unlock the screen rendering to see if that can help. Some of the rendering is you can play in water color, low pixels like an 80's game, and all sorts of others. I think that may be bearable. And the first game they are remaking so maybe after the first play through that will unlock screen rendering too!

27 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I don't think that's unreasonable. I'm also very sorry it was one of my posts that prompted this.

I'll join with you in this request to the forum members to take every care to avoid posting the kind of images you describe or offer a warning about it. It's obviously not guaranteed that everyone will see this thread, but what I'll do is pin this in the hope as many people take notice as possible. I'll also insist people avoid using these images as avatars and profile banners.

Thank you. You don't know how much I appreciate this.

20 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I wish you were able to play TLOU series, but I know you can't. I just finished the second game and it unlocked some screen rendering capabilities. Maybe your friend can play through it and unlock the screen rendering to see if that can help. Some of the rendering is you can play in water color, low pixels like an 80's game, and all sorts of others. I think that may be bearable. And the first game they are remaking so maybe after the first play through that will unlock screen rendering too!

If it can be "downgraded" graphically, then it may be a small possibility. But I doubt it would be possible for me, as I would most likely be picturing the original image in my mind the entire time.

I had my girl check it out first for me, and she said she thought I could handle it. So I checked it out, and the downgrade in graphics is something I think I could handle. I'm just worried about encountering that main creature that is the one that caused me to make this post.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I had my girl check it out first for me, and she said she thought I could handle it. So I checked it out, and the downgrade in graphics is something I think I could handle. I'm just worried about encountering that main creature that is the one that caused me to make this post.

If it's the one I think your refering to, the texture of that creature is similar to the clickers, stalkers and bloaters that appear elsewhere in the game, just bigger. You know better than me, but in my mind a pixelated version of it should elicit a similar, reduced response to the smaller ones.

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

If it's the one I think your refering to, the texture of that creature is similar to the clickers, stalkers and bloaters that appear elsewhere in the game, just bigger. You know better than me, but in my mind a pixelated version of it should elicit a similar, reduced response to the smaller ones.

It's the one you had in your post. I think it was the third picture you gave.

12 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

It's the one you had in your post. I think it was the third picture you gave.

If I disclude the title image, the third picture is a shot of two folk charging through a burning town on horseback, so I don't think that's the one you're referring to. The one you do mean I'm assuming is the picture of the "Shambler", and I think I can see why that would be a trigger for you. I still think the 8-bit filter might work. I'm on a TLOU discord, I'll ask on there and see if they have any further advice.

I don't know what the thing is called, and due to my phobia I can't look it up because I would have to have the image for reference. So I'll take your word for it that it's the Shambler.

And thank you again for checking things out for me. I really appreciate your help.

Edited by The Blackangel

@The Blackangel Well, the discord sever I went to could only suggest similar idea to what we already have. The first game probably isn't safe and using the filters, like the *-bit filer, may the second game OK. The problem is that the game has to be played through at least once to unlock them. A couple of them even offered to do that, but that's about the best they could do.

7 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

My girl has both TLOU and TLOU2. She said she would happily play through them again and do it for me. So once she has done that, I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully it works out well.

The first game I don't think has that to unlock. They are remaking the first game and I'm sure they would add it to that one, but you would have to wait a year or two. That would suck but may not be a bad idea. 

On 8/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, The Blackangel said:

My girl has both TLOU and TLOU2. She said she would happily play through them again and do it for me. So once she has done that, I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully it works out well.

I would be so excited for you to play TLOU!

On 8/21/2021 at 8:53 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

The first game I don't think has that to unlock. They are remaking the first game and I'm sure they would add it to that one, but you would have to wait a year or two. That would suck but may not be a bad idea. 

I've never seen the option to unlock 😕 But then, I wasn't looking for it either.