Register Now
The Blackangel

I would like to ask the forum an extremely important favor

On 8/19/2021 at 5:17 PM, The Blackangel said:

I am extremely trypophobic. What that is, is a fear of small holes in large groups. Unfortunately mine also extends to bumps as well. In my case it is also potentially lethal. I would like to ask that if you are going to post an image in a thread you create, to put a tag or something in the title that would let me, (and others like me) know that there is something that would trigger the phobia, so that we know to stay the hell out of the thread. If you want an example of what I'm talking about you can see one in this thread here. There are also tons of images on google, but I'm not going to try to link any, as doing so could possibly stop my heart in the process.

I know this is asking a lot, and I don't have the right to have everyone make special accommodations just for me. But if you can at least give a warning on posts like this, it could prolong my life and at least let me die peacefully instead of literally dying of fright. So I would appreciate it more than you could ever know.

I'm sorry if this sounds overly dramatic, but on my end it's an extreme situation. My girl often has to come home from work just to "talk me down" so to speak, and get me through it.

You have got my word and backing on this, that I'm going to do my very best not to walk the path where it's going to trigger your phobia. 

On 8/19/2021 at 9:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

I am extremely trypophobic. What that is, is a fear of small holes in large groups. Unfortunately mine also extends to bumps as well. In my case it is also potentially lethal. I would like to ask that if you are going to post an image in a thread you create, to put a tag or something in the title that would let me, (and others like me) know that there is something that would trigger the phobia, so that we know to stay the hell out of the thread. If you want an example of what I'm talking about you can see one in this thread here. There are also tons of images on google, but I'm not going to try to link any, as doing so could possibly stop my heart in the process.

I know this is asking a lot, and I don't have the right to have everyone make special accommodations just for me. But if you can at least give a warning on posts like this, it could prolong my life and at least let me die peacefully instead of literally dying of fright. So I would appreciate it more than you could ever know.

I'm sorry if this sounds overly dramatic, but on my end it's an extreme situation. My girl often has to come home from work just to "talk me down" so to speak, and get me through it.

This is a great community if you feel comfortable asking people not to do this. 
It is perfectly reasonable that you would ask of this. 
Phobias are hard to deal with. I'm sorry about your phobia. 

You have got my word and backing on this, that I'm going to do my very best not to walk the path where it's going to trigger your phobia. 

Same. I will put a tag or title in the photo letting you know so you will know. 

5 hours ago, Altair said:

This is a great community if you feel comfortable asking people not to do this. 
It is perfectly reasonable that you would ask of this. 
Phobias are hard to deal with. I'm sorry about your phobia. 

Same. I will put a tag or title in the photo letting you know so you will know. 

We all have things that freaks us out. There are some gamers who can't stand anything horror, so they try as much as possible to stay away from it. 

2 minutes ago, Boblee said:

We all have things that freaks us out. There are some gamers who can't stand anything horror, so they try as much as possible to stay away from it. 

That is true. Everyone has something that freaks them out. 

xD, at times tiredness can cause one not to make researches, he or she feels like the user member can provide quick response without the stress of making research. That's why I don't create new threads, due to act of being lazy at times. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

On 5/4/2022 at 5:03 PM, NightmareFarm said:

I remember having severe trypophobia back in 2017. Absolutely terrible feeling. 

Have you been able to get over it till now since 2017? 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Have you been able to get over it till now since 2017? 

Yeah. Photos with lots of tiny holes still feels a little repulsive to look at but it didn't scar me like it did back then. Anything uncanney valley gave me chills back then tbh, dont know why.