Register Now
Heatman

Who's excited about Call of Duty Vanguard?

I feel like it's been years since I've actually offered a genuine compliment to COD, but if I'm understanding the trailer, something I've been waiting for in a WW2 FPS, especially from COD, has actually come into fruition. A WW2 game whare the focus isn't the American perspective of the liberation of France for the 9,000nth time.

I'm especially happy to see the Eastern front and North Africa included. The area's of conflict in WW2 that isn't post D-Day France have been ignored for far to long. It's still COD, so I still probably won't buy it, but give Sledgehammer thier due, it's nice to see this change of setting at the very least.

Edited by Shagger

17 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I feel like it's been years since I've actually offered a genuine compliment to COD, but if I'm understanding the trailer, something I've been waiting for in a WW2 FPS, especially from COD, has actually come into fruition. A WW2 game whare the focus isn't the American perspective of the liberation of France for the 9,000nth time.

I'm especially happy to see the Eastern front and North Africa included. The area's of conflict in WW2 that isn't post D-Day France have been ignored for far to long. It's still COD, so I still probably won't buy it, but give Sledgehammer thier due, it's nice to see this change of setting at the very least.

Seriously, I'm really all pumped up in wait for the release and if all goes well according to what Sledgehammer have in store for the Vanguard version of COD, it's going to sell like a wildfire. 

11 hours ago, Shagger said:

The trailer looks amazing I'm not going to lie, I just hope that they add a bit more variety to the gameplay aspect because it's going to feel like the last 3-4 games otherwise.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:36 AM, killamch89 said:

The trailer looks amazing I'm not going to lie, I just hope that they add a bit more variety to the gameplay aspect because it's going to feel like the last 3-4 games otherwise.

I think that they have that already covered with some settings it covers in the game. 

On 8/21/2021 at 2:51 PM, Shagger said:

Just one quick thing, did anyone notice that Activision's logo is missing from the trailer footage? I wonder why... :classic_laugh:

Could be an error - I mean, everyone knows who makes COD and their fanboys won't let some sexual harassment scandal stop them from getting their yearly COD fix.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Could be an error - I mean, everyone knows who makes COD and their fanboys won't let some sexual harassment scandal stop them from getting their yearly COD fix.

Yeah, it's most likely an error or they have a reason why it's not there. It may as well be that they are looking at making another trailer, I can't be sure. But it's really a trivial thing to worry about as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Heatman

57 minutes ago, Empire said:

Going to feel very odd here, I'm not. Rather watch people play then get the game myself 😛 

There is actually nothing odd about that as far as I'm concerned. Most games apply same strategy when getting any game. 

I'll try the upcoming beta to see what it is like. But I don't think I will get it since I'm not a fan of it returning to a World War 2 setting. I'll probably go for Battlefield this time around as my main FPS for the year.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:47 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, it's most likely an error or they have a reason why it's not there. It may as well be that they are looking at making another trailer, I can't be sure. But it's really a trivial thing to worry about as far as I'm concerned. 

Totally agreed - I actually look forward to see what new features they implement in-game.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Totally agreed - I actually look forward to see what new features they implement in-game.

Seriously - I'm painstakingly counting down to November 5th in anticipation for the release. I really don't want to be disappointed.