Register Now
killamch89

US Congress Go After 12 AAA Publishers, Send Letters Pressuring To Stop Manipulative Monetization

To be fair, it was only two senators but at long last, someone at least addressed this. It likely won't do anything but it's a start - I guess. It has to become a lot worse before it'll get any real attention in congress. What are your thoughts about this?

Sadly there won’t be real change until the general gamer demographic stop buying from companies that push these practices. While many gamers do complain and point out these issues and encourage others not to buy, there are still many who still buy these games and happily support micro transactions. This practice still makes money, so the industry has no real excuse to change.

13 hours ago, Empire said:

Sadly there won’t be real change until the general gamer demographic stop buying from companies that push these practices. While many gamers do complain and point out these issues and encourage others not to buy, there are still many who still buy these games and happily support micro transactions. This practice still makes money, so the industry has no real excuse to change.

I totally agree - with whale spenders out there who will drop $5-$10k and upwards on a single game, companies have no real incentive to change their greedy practices because it's very lucrative.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:30 AM, killamch89 said:

To be fair, it was only two senators but at long last, someone at least addressed this. It likely won't do anything but it's a start - I guess. It has to become a lot worse before it'll get any real attention in congress. What are your thoughts about this?

Threat without any actions isn't going to stop these companies from doing what they are. What in the world would letters do? 🙄 

On 9/26/2021 at 2:45 AM, killamch89 said:

The big corporations have lobbyist behind them so  the actions of a few Senators won't really affect them at all.

Seriously - It's something that I'm very well aware of it happening in such situations. They all have a way to back themselves up politically. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - It's something that I'm very well aware of it happening in such situations. They all have a way to back themselves up politically. 

It'd take something like a good percentage of their population suffering from it before the US government begins to take it seriously.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It'd take something like a good percentage of their population suffering from it before the US government begins to take it seriously.

I'm sure that in the end, they would definitely reach a compromise that would favor both parties. 

8 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I don't want that. I want the game companies who do this sort of thing buggerd rough and dry, but that's me.

It's the same feeling that most gamers would expect because we are the ones that suffers from what these companies do always but then again, the congress will definitely looking at getting something in return by getting involved in the matter which makes them reaching a compromise is something that's likely to happen. 

On 9/28/2021 at 3:45 AM, Shagger said:

I don't want that. I want the game companies who do this sort of thing buggerd rough and dry, but that's me.

I'd rather anything than the government but the gaming industry has proven it can't regulate itself so the government is bound to step in sooner or later.

On 9/30/2021 at 3:46 AM, killamch89 said:

I'd rather anything than the government but the gaming industry has proven it can't regulate itself so the government is bound to step in sooner or later.

If the government fully steps in without looking at gaining something for themselves individually, I believe they can do a good job on the issue.

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

If the government fully steps in without looking at gaining something for themselves individually, I believe they can do a good job on the issue.

That's the problem, the government has to benefit in some way. They put the needs of their citizens below any benefit to themselves - it has always been a self-serving institution.