Register Now
killamch89

Bethesda Selling Yet Another Port Of Elder Scrolls V Skyrim With Anniversary Edition

At this point, I suspect that my great grandkids will be playing Skyrim the Century edition because we have yet ANOTHER port of Skyrim and it offers nothing that Special Edition didn't already have. This is so ridiculous and I know everyone else will likely agree because it'll likely be worth $60 YET AGAIN. Share your thoughts down below...

Interestingly enough it contains, quote from Engadget,

"....new features, including a fishing mechanic, as well as 500 pieces of Creation Club content, quests, dungeon, bosses, weapons and spells unique to the version."

I doubt it's worth £50 up front, but it'll be interesting to see if it sees a sale. Given Bethesda and parent Zenimax are owned by Microsoft, it might well not budge in price to encourage people to instead play it on Game Pass. As someone who isn't confident modding, this is a welcome addition to the game, but not for that price. I'll wait to see how much the upgrade from the remastered version is to Anniversary.

If you build it, they will come. - Field of Dreams, 1989.

38 minutes ago, Empire said:

10 years, around 7 or 8 releases... maybe this time the game physics won't be tied to the framerate. Stop re-buying this game. I mean unless you never want a new Elder Scrolls game.

I've been saying the same thing about GTA5 for years, and that makes sense for GTA, but not so much here. The difference being that we actually have it officially announced that The Elder Scrolls VI is coming, so avoiding buying this to assure a new ES game will come doesn't really work in this scenario.

Not that I disagree that this new version is pointless, because it is. If I am understanding this correctly, they're not gonna charge full price for Skyrim ES owners to upgrade, but it should be free. I don't hold it against Bethesda to have the pride in this game that they do and want to celebrate this anniversary, but enough is enough and they need to stop milking it.

9 hours ago, Shagger said:

I've been saying the same thing about GTA5 for years, and that makes sense for GTA, but not so much here. The difference being that we actually have it officially announced that The Elder Scrolls VI is coming, so avoiding buying this to assure a new ES game will come doesn't really work in this scenario.

Not that I disagree that this new version is pointless, because it is. If I am understanding this correctly, they're not gonna charge full price for Skyrim ES owners to upgrade, but it should be free. I don't hold it against Bethesda to have the pride in this game that they do and want to celebrate this anniversary, but enough is enough and they need to stop milking it.

I totally agree about GTA V - I've been saying the same thing for years as well but at the very least, Rockstar drops new content for it every now and then - the multiplayer that is (which sucks because the single-player could use some additional content). Skyrim has only maintained its relevance this long because of the modding community and outside of the two DLCs and that mini housebuilding tutorial (there's no way I'll recognize Hearthfire as an actual DLC), Bethesda has done nothing for the game. I wholeheartedly agree that we would like to see actual sequels for both games but I just get the feeling we'll see Skyrim ported to smart appliances before that happens.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:33 AM, killamch89 said:

At this point, I suspect that my great grandkids will be playing Skyrim the Century edition because we have yet ANOTHER port of Skyrim and it offers nothing that Special Edition didn't already have. This is so ridiculous and I know everyone else will likely agree because it'll likely be worth $60 YET AGAIN. Share your thoughts down below...

Seriously - will Bethesda ever consider to stop milking this game for as long as they are well aware gamers would keep paying for it? I'm not seeing that happening anytime soon. 

Edited by Heatman

On 9/20/2021 at 5:28 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously - will Bethesda ever consider to stop milking this game for as long as they are well aware gamers would keep paying for it? I'm not seeing that happening anytime soon. 

At least we know that the next Elder Scrolls is in production - we haven't even heard a peep about GTA 6 from Rockstar.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

At least we know that the next Elder Scrolls is in production - we haven't even heard a peep about GTA 6 from Rockstar.

Yeah - it's been a while since we heard another Elder Scrolls is in production but for how long? As for Rockstar and GTA 6, they are lip sealed tight. 

On 9/22/2021 at 4:11 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's been a while since we heard another Elder Scrolls is in production but for how long? As for Rockstar and GTA 6, they are lip sealed tight. 

They haven't give us a date yet but I think it will be in 2023 or 2024. It only makes sense since Starfield is coming out next year.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They haven't give us a date yet but I think it will be in 2023 or 2024. It only makes sense since Starfield is coming out next year.

If it comes on 2023 or 2024, it would largely depend on how they are still milking the GTA 5. 

I've never come to play any Bethesda and the elder scrolls series before. But seeing this one here shows the gaming company is on steady revamp, 10 editions within 7 seasons marks a wonderful achievement for them. If I get a chance to own one of it's series I wouldn't be upgrading eveytime because the upgrade fee is high. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I've never come to play any Bethesda and the elder scrolls series before. But seeing this one here shows the gaming company is on steady revamp, 10 editions within 7 seasons marks a wonderful achievement for them. If I get a chance to own one of it's series I wouldn't be upgrading eveytime because the upgrade fee is high. 

Just buy Skyrim Special Edition, the anniversary edition is the same thing plus a few insignificant stuff you won't use anyways.

7 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Just buy Skyrim Special Edition, the anniversary edition is the same thing plus a few insignificant stuff you won't use anyways.

Is this game compatible in PS3 console buddy? That's the current console I'm still playing video games on. Unless I visit my friend, that's when I play PS4. At the moment I'm simply indoors due to bizarre covid19 pandemic. 

27 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Is this game compatible in PS3 console buddy? That's the current console I'm still playing video games on. Unless I visit my friend, that's when I play PS4. At the moment I'm simply indoors due to bizarre covid19 pandemic. 

Unfortunately, it's for the PS4 and up. I though you were talking about PC...