Register Now
The Blackangel

Skyrim: Which Console?

I've decided that I'm going to delete any Skyrim data that I currently have, and completely restart everything, because even though I'm at the very beginning, I have absolutely no clue what the hell I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm going. I have it on PS4 and Switch. So I'm curious which of THESE TWO everyone would recommend. Don't say PC or Xbox or any other platform, because I'm not buying another copy of it. To restart from the very beginning, which system would have it better. I do have it on PS3, but that one was so damn buggy that it completely turned me off from the game for a very long time. I wasn't even able to customize my character with that one.

So PS4 or Switch?

I was gonna say PS4, but then I checked it out and was surprised to find how much mod support there is on the switch version I t may in fact be better than the PS4 version in that regard. Really, it ultimately comes down to if you want to play the game on the go or not. Still, I'm leaning toward the Switch version.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:53 PM, Shagger said:

I was gonna say PS4, but then I checked it out and was surprised to find how much mod support there is on the switch version I t may in fact be better than the PS4 version in that regard. Really, it ultimately comes down to if you want to play the game on the go or not. Still, I'm leaning toward the Switch version.

Totally agree - go with the Switch. PlayStation has always been horrible for mod support and are very unforgiving towards mods being used on their platform. 

On 8/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, The Blackangel said:

I have no intention on playing with any kind of mods, so that really doesn't matter to me.

There's no difference between them but since I know you're a Nintendo fan, you'd be better of with the Switch...

I personally love playing Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch. The versatility is what wins me over! I can play it docked so I can watch it on the the big screen. ...or if I'm wanting to be able to move from room to room with ease I can do that as well. A must if you have a toddler, let me tell you. :) 

On 8/28/2021 at 1:59 AM, killamch89 said:

There's no difference between them but since I know you're a Nintendo fan, you'd be better of with the Switch...

Exactly - Nintendo gets better and better with Switch and its actually why the platform is gaining more popularity now. 

5 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I play a Lite so I don't have the docking option. But I didn't need the docking option because I specifically wanted it for the portability. And I haven't regretted my decision once.

Most people who have their decisions well thought out on what they need to do never really regret it because everything is going to fall in as part of the plan. 

The Ps4 version of Skyrim sure has Mods but they're not super exciting due to Sonys limitations. All you get is clearer light, some rebalances, also some ps4 exclusive mods that honestly rival pc mods with creative use of the internal assets but all in all, it's not worth it for the mods sake. There's also that risk with the graphical update the ps4 got a while ago that's producing a "0kb safe space" error what msy just kill your ps4 version alltogether. 

PC I pick any day 😛 

38 minutes ago, Empire said:

The Ps4 version of Skyrim sure has Mods but they're not super exciting due to Sonys limitations. All you get is clearer light, some rebalances, also some ps4 exclusive mods that honestly rival pc mods with creative use of the internal assets but all in all, it's not worth it for the mods sake. There's also that risk with the graphical update the ps4 got a while ago that's producing a "0kb safe space" error what msy just kill your ps4 version alltogether. 

PC I pick any day 😛 

@The Blackangel already asked in the OP that people not suggest PC as for her own reasons she's interested;

On 8/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, The Blackangel said:

Don't say PC or Xbox or any other platform, because I'm not buying another copy of it.

She also said she's not interested in mods after others (including me) brought it up;

On 8/26/2021 at 5:10 PM, The Blackangel said:

I have no intention on playing with any kind of mods, so that really doesn't matter to me.

I do agree that PC is the best place to play Skyrim, but this topic wasn't put up for you, me or anyone else to to talk up thier platform preference. It's simply somebody asking for advice on what version is better to play, PS4 or Switch. Please contribute meaningfully, pay attention to what has been said in the thread (especially the opening post) and serve the subject at hand.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:41 PM, Shagger said:

@The Blackangel already asked in the OP that people not suggest PC as for her own reasons she's interested;

She also said she's not interested in mods after others (including me) brought it up;

I do agree that PC is the best place to play Skyrim, but this topic wasn't put up for you, me or anyone else to to talk up thier platform preference. It's simply somebody asking for advice on what version is better to play, PS4 or Switch. Please contribute meaningfully, pay attention to what has been said in the thread (especially the opening post) and serve the subject at hand.

I think that along the way, you seem not to know it's actually the person who asked for the opinion on which one is better PS4 or Switch that you were replying. 

I believe the other points being made by the inquisitor are what aren't in sync to her. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that along the way, you seem not to know it's actually the person who asked for the opinion on which one is better PS4 or Switch that you were replying. 

I believe the other points being made by the inquisitor are what aren't in sync to her. 

I was addressing @Empire and quoting the OP (@The Blackangel ) along the way to illustrate what I was talking about. I wasn't trying "tell" the OP something she obviously already knew.

The problem with @Empire's post is that just because Skyrim is the subject matter, that doesn't open up the limit of the discussion to anything associated with it. If somebody made a post looking for people to play Fortnight with on XBox, it wouldn't make sense for someone to reply "Yeah, let's play Fortnight together" listing thier PSN ID. The op made it clear that she won't play Skyrim on PC and that she wasn't interested in mods, so a post that discusses those things has no purpose in this thread. There are plenty of other threads to talk about those things on VGR.

2 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I was addressing @Empire and quoting the OP (@The Blackangel ) along the way to illustrate what I was talking about. I wasn't trying "tell" the OP something she obviously already knew.

The problem with @Empire's post is that just because Skyrim is the subject matter, that doesn't open up the limit of the discussion to anything associated with it. If somebody made a post looking for people to play Fortnight with on XBox, it wouldn't make sense for someone to reply "Yeah, let's play Fortnight together" listing thier PSN ID. The op made it clear that she won't play Skyrim on PC and that she wasn't interested in mods, so a post that discusses those things has no purpose in this thread. There are plenty of other threads to talk about those things on VGR.

Okay - I get it now because initially it had me confused but I understand well now. 

Anyways, with regards to Empire's post on the subject, I believe that the OP already sieved what's important for him from the whole chatters. 

Ps. You definitely have a point saying there so many other topics he (Empire) would take his opinion that wouldn't add any value to the OP's inquiry in this juncture.