Register Now
Joshua Farrell

What Older Game to Bring Back?

If you could bring back one game that used to be popular when you were younger, what would it be? For the xbox, I would have to go with Brute Force. I loooooved that game! I think I played it just as much as Halo: Combat Evolved. Loved the fact that you could interchange between 1st and 3rd person view, depending on which seemed easier to do, based on the weapon you wanted to use with the character.

I also loved MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat and it's expansions, and MechWarrior 3. MechAssault was a let down, compared to MechWarrior. But the graphics did get better with them.

Mech Assault for the original Xbox was a game I always wanted to make a comeback in some way, shape or form. It had ridiculous amounts of customization for the mechs and the weapons were amazing and you could create synergies between different weapons and have devastating combos. It just never got the respect it deserved.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Mech Assault for the original Xbox was a game I always wanted to make a comeback in some way, shape or form. It had ridiculous amounts of customization for the mechs and the weapons were amazing and you could create synergies between different weapons and have devastating combos. It just never got the respect it deserved.

Seriously, if gaming companies can copy how they used to make video games in the past and turn it up a little, it's going to give a sound satisfaction unlike what they do now that's all after money. 

I still enjoy Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Loved that game when I was a teenager and still play it every now and then. I still think the DK Country games have amazing graphics; especially considering when they were made. Game play needs no explanation other than it is dope AF.

8 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Maybe the Stix motocross handheld game.  I completed it about 25 years ago, but it might be fun to have back.

It's a motorcycle 🏍 racing game or what? I actually tried looking it up but wasn't able to find anything close to it. 

2 hours ago, Family sedan said:

It has a motorcycle going through the desert doing jumps and getting points.  If you mess up enough you lose.  It was a handheld game from a series of either Tyco or Tiger games called "The Stix" where they shrunk the size of a handheld game significantly.

I pretty much guessed it's what the game genre was actually about. It sounds like it's an interesting game from how you just explained it. 

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Blaster Master
Astyanax
Q*Bert
Blackthorne
Wild C.A.T.S.
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Hexen

I was only opportune to play Blackthorne and Hexen among those games which when compared to the games during the time they were popular, was a incredibly good.