Register Now
ZandraJoi

Do you get annoyed when people play loud music while driving?

That irks me no end! Especially if I’m waiting in the car & others are waiting in theirs & they have the windows rolled down & just have to have it playing loud. Not everybody wants to listen to music when they are waiting. Why do you think those people do that? If you do, why do you do it? I've always been curious at the reasoning. No judging, just like to learn things. 🙂

I think it’s kind of a community thing, where they think everyone else is like minded. And it’s a good feeling party thing. Which i think trends in a community setting. Like being on a beach music blaring, going to a bbq, do some mud spinning then on down through the village, blast the tejano when a rodeo is nearby or a market. It could be a holiday, event, or game day. I think usually it offends people that don’t like the type of music, otherwise it’s subconsciously ignored just to criticize it another day when it’s music a person doesn’t like. Sometimes it can be an intentional statement playing the music loud to annoy people you know isn’t gonna like it. Kind of a fuck you to them. Other times a person is under the influence. And again if the vehicle has many passengers then they usually blare the music. It could be the driver is trying to drown out the passenger. Many reasons. It could resemble insect antennas, kind of a calling to like minded people. Where are you? I’m blasting music. I’m over here dude! Can you hear it? And it continues down the street, down the city, through the suburbs, reaching rural town, on through flyover country, to different cities, countries, and then the aliens listen in too. “vwat es dees? eetza toonies. Eetza signals fum da human buggies. Vwat dus eet meen?”

I play my music loud enough to make the dead cover their ears. Almost to concert level loud. As for why, I'm not sure. I'm a metalhead and just like loud music. The thing I don't like is when someone has their stereo set to where there's nothing but bass and no music. That messes with my heart. The rhythm gets affected and I can't breathe. Play your music loud if you want to, but lower the god damn bass.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

I play my music loud enough to make the dead cover their ears. Almost to concert level loud. As for why, I'm not sure. I'm a metalhead and just like loud music. The thing I don't like is when someone has their stereo set to where there's nothing but bass and no music. That messes with my heart. The rhythm gets affected and I can't breathe. Play your music loud if you want to, but lower the god damn bass.

That's a good point about bass

I don't really have a problem with it especially as I like to do it. I would never play my music extremely loud with the windows down but it's just a nice experience, especially in the summer. I think the main problem some people have is that when they have their windows down, it's harder to listen to music when they're moving so they have to increase it.

In my opinion, anyone who plays music or has their conversation on speaker in a public place is being annoying/rude/selfish.

Think of the genre of music that is basically nails on a chalkboard to you. Do you want to listen to that out loud every time somebody with that particular taste in music walks by?

I actually play my music loud when driving at times, and if the traffic is light. There is a whole different vibe that comes with it and it's just feels good too.

I don't get offended and no matter how loud someone might be playing their music in the car it could out weigh the noice coming from several car honks and engine sounds.

Music taste differs from person to person and it's one of the reasons why some people might not like what others are playing at one point. Most of the time, I wouldn't mind what others are playing as long as I'm not stuck with them for too.

If they drive past me with their loud music, why would I care? It's just for a moment and it's gone. But when we are stuck in traffic and that happens, that's when it wouldn't sit well with me. 

It doesn't bother me so much, I guess if I were stuck at a really long light... Then it would get to me, only because getting stuck at a light is bad enough.

Motorcycle guys love to blast music.. again, doesn't bother me but if they rev up engine and scare me for no reason, that'll do it.

Edited by melanie_marie27

On 9/9/2022 at 5:15 AM, melanie_marie27 said:

Motorcycle guys love to blast music.. again, doesn't bother me but if they rev up engine and scare me for no reason, that'll do it.

Definitely, this revving up their engine really gets on my nerves. It's not even about getting me scared but the sound on its own is nothing to enjoy. It's just a blatant silly noise.