Register Now
StaceyPowers

Stray

On 7/31/2022 at 1:06 AM, kingpotato said:

Well I just played this game for another couple of hours and I got bored, I mean its an okay game, its something new and refreshing but not as fun. 

It's a game where you play from the perspective of a cat with a drone on its back - it can only grab your attention for so long.

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

From the gameplay I saw, the graphics looked pretty good to me. And I heard that if you had ray tracing and all that enabled, it looks even better. I heard some people have issue with the cat animations and the way the cat moved. But otherwise I think most people really enjoyed the look of the game. 

I also heard the controls are kinda limited. You essentially move in the direction you want to go and click a button for the place you want to jump/move to. And otherwise it's just running around the world as a cat. Supposedly the way the game controls, makes it easier for more people to play. 

I quite like the graphics but running around as a cat with a droid on its back gets old pretty quickly. That's why I wasn't as keen about it as most of you were because I could just tell it was going to be a very boring experience.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I quite like the graphics but running around as a cat with a droid on its back gets old pretty quickly. That's why I wasn't as keen about it as most of you were because I could just tell it was going to be a very boring experience.

I sincerely feel gamers expected way too much of this video game, long before the game was released I read about it and what it was going to be like so I never really expected the game to be something as spectacular as most gamers envisioned it to be.

The idea behind the game is cool and I think there should start making more games like it but make them more challenging than stray is.

Stray is one video game of its kind to even be talked about as much as this though.

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

The background of the video game keep tempting me, I love the background, the graphics. I'll check for the game when it eventually launch sooner or later. 

The game is already out - was released last month.

7 minutes ago, Clasher said:

The game is already out - was released last month.

I didn't keep up with the game, which I've expressed much interest on. I'll go check it via offline shop outlet near my neighborhood. If I don't get to see it there, then I have to check for it's price online and order hopefully when the price match my expectation. 

7 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I didn't keep up with the game, which I've expressed much interest on. I'll go check it via offline shop outlet near my neighborhood. If I don't get to see it there, then I have to check for it's price online and order hopefully when the price match my expectation. 

That's okay too.

Maybe you could give it a try afterwards and give your own reviews about it.

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

With the game Stray and how it's graphics came out, it's been some sort of a mixed opinion for those that I know to have played. Some of them liked, while some don't. There are even some of them that don't care where it's good or bad but are more focused on the gameplay. 

I have not played or got the game, like I said before I rather watch people play then buying it. I mean what the point watching the full story plot on Twitch as regards whoever I do watch and then do it again myself. I would know the story then LOL - I just save money and watch people play it and and the story. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's a game where you play from the perspective of a cat with a drone on its back - it can only grab your attention for so long.

Yeah I heard it is kinda repetitive in terms of it's gameplay. For me, I would probably only play the game once anyway, so the replayability just isn't there I imagine. 

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

I sincerely feel gamers expected way too much of this video game, long before the game was released I read about it and what it was going to be like so I never really expected the game to be something as spectacular as most gamers envisioned it to be.

The idea behind the game is cool and I think there should start making more games like it but make them more challenging than stray is.

Stray is one video game of its kind to even be talked about as much as this though.

Yeah I kinda feel the same. Or better yet, I feel it could be a bit overrated for what it is. I think because it's got a cat people are in love with it because of that. I think if this game had a human or something, it would have been forgotten. 

19 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's okay too.

Maybe you could give it a try afterwards and give your own reviews about it.

I didn't get much chance today, I was so occupied that I came back so late. I'll take a walk to the offline shop outlet to see if the game is available there. 

On 8/4/2022 at 4:32 PM, Kane99 said:

Yeah I heard it is kinda repetitive in terms of it's gameplay. For me, I would probably only play the game once anyway, so the replayability just isn't there I imagine. 

Yeah I kinda feel the same. Or better yet, I feel it could be a bit overrated for what it is. I think because it's got a cat people are in love with it because of that. I think if this game had a human or something, it would have been forgotten. 

Haha 😅

Cats are usually the cutest bunch and i think they deserve the attention at this time.

Could be true that playing as a cat is what actually triggered some of the attention it is getting and that is really understandable because you sometimes only get to do that in simulators.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:54 AM, Empire said:

I have not played or got the game, like I said before I rather watch people play then buying it. I mean what the point watching the full story plot on Twitch as regards whoever I do watch and then do it again myself. I would know the story then LOL - I just save money and watch people play it and and the story. 

That's cool and completely understandable too. For me, I don't have any problems with watching other gamers playthrough at all. It feels like watching a movie for me in a way. So, I'd do the same thing with the game for now till it falls to the price that I would be willing to pay for it. 

53 minutes ago, Syntax said:

The game looks really cool, kinda curious if they expand everything out to include other aspects in like DLCs (such as online play, that would be cool lol).

For now, they haven't worked on that aspect of the game but from all indications based on how the game ended, there's a big room for more additional content development into the game. It may get a new DLC more sooner than we had expected it. 

2 hours ago, Syntax said:

The game looks really cool, kinda curious if they expand everything out to include other aspects in like DLCs (such as online play, that would be cool lol).

Honestly would be down to see this game getting some online options. Would really help the games replayability I think. Sadly I don't think they will ever do that, or if they did, it may be in a sequel instead. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

For now, they haven't worked on that aspect of the game but from all indications based on how the game ended, there's a big room for more additional content development into the game. It may get a new DLC more sooner than we had expected it. 

I would welcome DLC coming out, but I have a feeling they won't do that. But, I could be wrong. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:18 AM, Kane99 said:

I would welcome DLC coming out, but I have a feeling they won't do that. But, I could be wrong. 

My wait on getting Stray have been cut short because I was willing to wait for its price to drop before buying it but a friend of mine just gifted me the game. I will have it downloaded by weekend and most likely start playing it immediately. I'm not going to rush play it since I know it's not a long game.