Register Now
StaceyPowers

Unpopular opinion: The ending of Mass Effect 3 is good

Just finished first playthrough of Mass Effect series. I thought I’d hate the ending because of everything I heard, but I actually loved it. That said, I played the Extended Cut version that fixed the issue with the exploding relays (which sounds like it was a genuine writing oversight). I have no major complaints.

With the extended cut it is acceptable, but nowhere near what this epic saga deserved. You still have starbrat, you still have the paradox that in order to prevent AI from wiping out all life, you create an AI to wipe out all life. That makes sense...NOT.

On 8/27/2021 at 4:14 AM, m76 said:

With the extended cut it is acceptable, but nowhere near what this epic saga deserved. You still have starbrat, you still have the paradox that in order to prevent AI from wiping out all life, you create an AI to wipe out all life. That makes sense...NOT.

I think they created the AI to preserve life. The Reapers only kept harvesting and hitting reset because organics kept building AIs, turning against them, and prompting their AIs to wipe them out.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:25 PM, Heatman said:

Those 4 endings are probably the best in my opinion. I'm sure it's linked to how your own ending came to pass. 

That's simply how a video game should end so perfect. The game Mass effect ended tremendously with what you just posted in the video. 

On 10/4/2021 at 9:12 PM, Head_Hunter said:

That's simply how a video game should end so perfect. The game Mass effect ended tremendously with what you just posted in the video. 

There are some other videos games that ended copying same strategy used in Mass Effect 3 but ME 3 really did an excellent job. 

The ending itself I’ve grown to accept, hell, even appreciate in some aspects. I think the criticism about the game not reflecting your decisions is valid, but I’d actually argue that’s more of a problem with the Priority Earth Mission. Had characters from the series and factions appeared in that mission, based on your choices, I think the game would’ve had a far better regarded finale. I very much applaud the Priority Earth Overhaul Mod for actualising this in many ways.

On 10/6/2021 at 9:11 AM, Heatman said:

There are some other videos games that ended copying same strategy used in Mass Effect 3 but ME 3 really did an excellent job. 

That's what most of the game developers do, they simply take some inspiration watching other video games and building their own base on the experience after learning others gameplay mode.