Register Now
killamch89

World of Warships Loot Boxes Incite Mass Exodus & Revolt From Content Creators & Players

I've never been interested in this game because I saw it for what it always was - another greedy money pit disguised as an MMO but apparently, players and content creators that promote this game constantly have started to realize the truth as well. I've played it once or twice at most and gameplay wise, it was alright but nothing groundbreaking as most of their fans try to claim. What are your thoughts on this?

This game has always been heavily microtransactioned from the very start, there was no need to charge any more for it. There's a difference between "paying the bills" and just being flat out greedy. They don't want to just make profit, they want to keep pushing the limit more and more and this is why so many f2p reach the tipping point and burst their bubble. Nobody ever wants to take lessons from successful f2p games like Warframe, look how well that game is still doing because they never go that far. Some f2p games never die when done right.

On 9/4/2021 at 5:29 AM, Empire said:

This game has always been heavily microtransactioned from the very start, there was no need to charge any more for it. There's a difference between "paying the bills" and just being flat out greedy. They don't want to just make profit, they want to keep pushing the limit more and more and this is why so many f2p reach the tipping point and burst their bubble. Nobody ever wants to take lessons from successful f2p games like Warframe, look how well that game is still doing because they never go that far. Some f2p games never die when done right.

So true - World of Warships has always been a money pit so it's amazing that they'd even try something like this when there are so many more MMOs around that can provide more satisfaction for less.

On 9/20/2021 at 4:15 PM, Heatman said:

Lately, Loot Boxes are direct forced one way ticket to microtransactions infused in video games now by these greedy pigs. It's the only thing that they know how to do best now. 

World Of Warships has always been a crappy game - I was always curious as to why it was so heavily promoted. The gameplay itself is somewhat decent but that's where it stops for this game. The rest of it is absolute garbage. It's just like when Youtubers promote Raid Shadow Legends which is another moneypit of a game.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

World Of Warships has always been a crappy game - I was always curious as to why it was so heavily promoted. The gameplay itself is somewhat decent but that's where it stops for this game. The rest of it is absolute garbage. It's just like when Youtubers promote Raid Shadow Legends which is another moneypit of a game.

The aggressive promotion was targeted at getting gamers rush into it but the fact is that once their plot is exposed, they won't have any playing. 

20 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I never learned about loot boxes, world of wardship type of game, nor watched it's trailer before, I'm seeing it here for the first time. With your comments and the trailer you posted it seems the game is over-hyped. 

Think of lootboxes as a means to distribute games good features and keep the game in a play to win scenario with that. so this way both paid gamers and the game wins. 

23 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I never learned about loot boxes, world of wardship type of game, nor watched it's trailer before, I'm seeing it here for the first time. With your comments and the trailer you posted it seems the game is over-hyped. 

In summary, loot boxes are microtransactions where the main reason why it's set up is for you to pay to play and win. 

On 9/23/2021 at 4:24 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Overhyped is an understatement - They only gained that much traction because of promotion by Youtubers and other social media personalities. 

On 9/26/2021 at 2:48 AM, killamch89 said:

Overhyped is an understatement - They only gained that much traction because of promotion by Youtubers and other social media personalities. 

Maybe they paid influencers to get them promoted via their different channels to boost their recognition and make them gaining more customers. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Maybe they paid influencers to get them promoted via their different channels to boost their recognition and make them gaining more customers. 

Yeah - There is always a possibility of having that happen because they are looking for all manner of means to have it sold to gamers. 

22 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Actually, the sponsorship is good source of income so they'll try to cover up the flaws of the product they're promoting while only highlighting the positives.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, the sponsorship is good source of income so they'll try to cover up the flaws of the product they're promoting while only highlighting the positives.

Isn't it the same strategy mostly all companies uses when it comes to exploiting their customers? 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:33 AM, Heatman said:

Isn't it the same strategy mostly all companies uses when it comes to exploiting their customers? 

Yep - the difference they use Youtubers who are "relatable" to trick their own fans as they'd believe the Youtuber is interested in "transparency". It's an age old trick.