Register Now
killamch89

Among Us Devs Speak Out Against Epic Games And Fortnite's Impostors Mode

I'm not even surprised Epic games did this - they always steal content from other games and put it into Fortnite as an "event". This crooked practice has been ongoing for years and yet they continue to get away with it. They didn't even try to collab with the Among Us creators so at least they could get credit for influencing the impostor mode in Fortnite. How do you feel about this?

EPIC is chinese they copy to stay competitive. They can do that to you but you can't do the same to them. I mean they attacked Google and Apple for being invasive but their own nation can't allow foreigner developers and companies to thrive. 

Yeah it's pretty clearly amount us. I mean they're even on a spaceship. Let's not forget epic released Fortnite as a totally different game then what it is today. They took they customers money and ran with it the only development they've done is to BR mode,

Stiil cant believe that Epic Games took another game's popularity and copied it and put it into Fortnite as a side game mode. Truly shocking, there is no precedent for this.

Sorry, but I'm more on Epic's side here. This is exactly the same thing with Battle Royal, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag gameplay concepts, you can't really own the concept. This "imposters" style gameplay concept is also nothing more than that, a concept. Among Us may have made it popular like how PUBG made battle royal popular, but they can't claim to own a concept that has been in in existence, in one form or another, far longer than Among Us has. For example, people have been putting on "Who Done it?" roleplay parities for centuries. So I'm sorry, but I just don't think Innersloth really have a defence here. I'm quite ready to believe the Epic would never have created this new game mode without being inspired by the success of Among Us, just like how Fortnight likely wouldn't have excised without PUGB, but in the end I don't there is anything Innersloth can do about this.

Edited by Shagger

I think the issue was that the phrases/words they used to describe the mode were extremely similar to what Among Us have used. It's not great but I don't see how anyone can try to copyright a game mode. These things have always happened and will continue to happen. I mean, if Call of Duty, has a similar imposter mode.

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

EPIC is chinese they copy to stay competitive. They can do that to you but you can't do the same to them. I mean they attacked Google and Apple for being invasive but their own nation can't allow foreigner developers and companies to thrive. 

So true but to be fair to them, they aren't lying about Apple and Google at all - they are invasive as hell. That's why you see India and other Asian companies starting to sanction companies like Apple and Google for their invasive practices and even the EU has brought this up before.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:04 AM, killamch89 said:

So true but to be fair to them, they aren't lying about Apple and Google at all - they are invasive as hell. That's why you see India and other Asian companies starting to sanction companies like Apple and Google for their invasive practices and even the EU has brought this up before.

Yeah because in Asia and africa what american companies does is same as what pre colonization era had. Like they enter your market, destroy locals and create monopoly. on that point even china is doing the same. how do you think taliban managed to rise in the mid of pandemic? same invasive policies ran in africa, middle east by china. now though these countries would be away from american bombing but would be slave to chinese economics. 

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah because in Asia and africa what american companies does is same as what pre colonization era had. Like they enter your market, destroy locals and create monopoly. on that point even china is doing the same. how do you think taliban managed to rise in the mid of pandemic? same invasive policies ran in africa, middle east by china. now though these countries would be away from american bombing but would be slave to chinese economics. 

Any way you take it, American, Chinese or whatever company always has the same objective - to expand their business and profits by any means necessary. It's not something that'll magically go away no matter who you choose to support. The best thing you can do is try to move away from these systems which is difficult unless you have the know how.