Register Now
killamch89

Exploding PSUs - Gigabyte PSUs Are The Bomb

A test conducted by Gamers Nexus on Youtube showed the Gigabyte PSUs from Newegg were defective and exploding. After this revelation, Gigabyte tried to make up some BS but Gamers Nexus bought another batch... and the same thing happened...again. I'm just putting this up so that members of this forum need to be aware of buying any Gigabyte PSUs because they'll cost you thousands of dollars and are a safety hazard. What do you think about this whole scenario?

Brilliant coverage as always Steve. I was shocked to see how expensive these are in spite of their high failure rate. This is the sort of behavior I'd expect from $40 ali express PSUs. You expect cheap products to be shitty, but in this case you're likely paying extra for surprise pyrotechnics. This is a big oof for Gigabyte and Newegg. I say also that Newer GPUs takes so much power that PSUs can't take tehm, or made badly ;( 

14 hours ago, Empire said:

Brilliant coverage as always Steve. I was shocked to see how expensive these are in spite of their high failure rate. This is the sort of behavior I'd expect from $40 ali express PSUs. You expect cheap products to be shitty, but in this case you're likely paying extra for surprise pyrotechnics. This is a big oof for Gigabyte and Newegg. I say also that Newer GPUs takes so much power that PSUs can't take tehm, or made badly ;( 

The problem is that only Gigabyte PSUs seem to have this issue and with Gigabyte's size and reputation in the PC industry, this is a huge stain on their record.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:55 AM, Empire said:

Seems it's only happening to Gigabytes so far, just think about it. I own and run Corsair and have had no errors, other then I had two Cooling masters and I had to replace them in the short space of 8 years. 

Yep only with Gigabytes and these are the ones that were known to have defects so I can't understand why they'd be stupid enough to tarnish their reputation by selling faulty products.