Register Now
Shagger

My Better Half Insisted We Buy These...

8 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

Chelsea Monroe-Cassel does a great job of converting the fictional ingredients into real world items, and honestly upon looking at a lot of them I've no idea how they could do a better job of substituting them. Being a medieval-stasis fantasy setting, the Elder Scrolls one is fairly easy to replicate and substitute. The problem is, as said earlier, is that being from the UK a lot of them aren't available in my country or would be hard to get without going to international shops and supermarkets.

My criticism with the Fallout one is that it's basically cooking homemade alternatives to all the processed junk in that universe, which honestly I can't object to if it means people are making (sometimes) healthier foods from scratch. But you don't really need to this particular cookbook to do that, save for a few that are radiation-themed. ^^

Yeah - The Fallout own does look like something that could be made very easily without the cookbook because it's most food that we are very familiar with. Meat 🍖, Coke drink, bread 🍞, Cake 🎂 I think and a bowel of cereal. 

1 minute ago, Head_Hunter said:

Your better half isn't deceiving, it's okay at times to taste nice frozen foods or cooked foods to feel refreshed. But to be frank I don't see anything showing its a gaming cooking book, the author did that to entice buyers, lol. 

What do you mean you don't see how they're gaming cooking books? One's themed on The Elder Scrolls and the other on Fallout.

2 minutes ago, Shagger said:

What do you mean you don't see how they're gaming cooking books? One's themed on The Elder Scrolls and the other on Fallout.

I was expecting to see cutscenes showing where video game players are slicing the cooked foods or groceries while having fun playing the game on their fantasy. 

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

OK, we've purchased some ingredients and starting with most important things in the books. The being, of course, the alcohol! So I'm getting ready for some Stimpacks, Skooma and Radaway. We're Also making Nuka Cola Quantum.

oooh, I can't wait to hear how they are.

Nice fallout indeed, because you aren't going to taste any of them it's simply growing your appetizer without taking any of them, it will be better to hunt for animals and get my taste diluted before gastric acid plunder my abdomen 😂😂😂.

The first time I saw the foods on the picture, I was thinking it would be possible for the main character playing then going to the eatery to buy those kind of snacks or junk food for himself in the games as part of the game lore in elder scrolls, lol. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

On 9/28/2021 at 1:22 PM, StaceyPowers said:

So, I actually made the pudding from the Skyrim cookbook this weekend. It was quite good.

What ingredients did it take to make it and could you elaborate on the taste? I'm quite curious...But then I'm supposed to be getting braces in a month or two which means I'll have to change my diet...This sucks

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

What ingredients did it take to make it and could you elaborate on the taste? I'm quite curious...But then I'm supposed to be getting braces in a month or two which means I'll have to change my diet...This sucks

honey, whipping cream, cornstarch, egg yolks and a couple other things, very simple. It tasted like honey and cream, and the texture kinda reminded me of whipped cream made from scratch if whipped cream did not melt.

I wore braces for years, and honestly I still ate almost all the same foods. It was not too bad 🙂