Register Now
killamch89

Do you ever procrastinate?

I don't know anyone who's never done it but I usually do it as a way to plan out how I'm going to approach the task that I'm avoiding at the moment. It's certainly not regular planning because I'll go do something else while be thinking about a certain task and go over it until I have a solution. Do you ever procrastinate?

Depends on the job or depends on what I have to do, like maybe dong a phone call and ended up not doing it 😛 I tend to have that in me, regards working out what I'm going to do and plan then taken action.  Fo real though! nope I do not, or have it that bad 

I'm pretty good with getting things done. Only time I don't is when I get intimidated especially if it's the first time I've done something.

Do you have tips to stop yourself from procrastinating? I think of this as Self-Care. When we rest, our bodies & minds get recharged & we are able to handle things a lot better. I unplug often from technology. I’ve actually set timers to make sure I take a break. Too often we are online & look at that ‘one more thing’ & it’s hours later! We get in a zone, knowing we SHOULD do something else but just push it aside. Making lists, having a routine is also what helps. Then you can feel good about yourself & not beat yourself up.

12 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I'm pretty good with getting things done. Only time I don't is when I get intimidated especially if it's the first time I've done something.

Do you have tips to stop yourself from procrastinating? I think of this as Self-Care. When we rest, our bodies & minds get recharged & we are able to handle things a lot better. I unplug often from technology. I’ve actually set timers to make sure I take a break. Too often we are online & look at that ‘one more thing’ & it’s hours later! We get in a zone, knowing we SHOULD do something else but just push it aside. Making lists, having a routine is also what helps. Then you can feel good about yourself & not beat yourself up.

My way of dealing with it is ironically to do something else and go over the procedure of what I want to get done and I keep going over it repetitively until I'm comfortable enough to do it. Either that or after thoroughly going over it multiple times and not finding a solution, I just go for it!