Register Now
ZandraJoi

The Walking Dead series

Talking about Sci-Fi got me thinking about this show. At first, my husband & I nixed it. Looked too gory. My husband doesn't care for zombie movies (I can take it or leave it). Then we saw that this was on many seasons & the people who DID watch it, continually raved about it. So, we tested it out on Netflix last winter. Yep, got hooked lol It is a bit too gory for my liking, but the plot tends to pull you in. We're behind on seasons. Waited for Season 10 to come out on Netflix. Anybody like it? What are your thoughts?

I really love the series. It is very intense and I got hooked from the first episode. I remember flipping through the channel and caught the beginning of episode 1 season 1 as reruns back to back when season 2 came out. And I've watched every season since. I don't want to spoil anything, but the very last couple seasons after season 8 I thought the series lost its purpose. The story was all over the place and I couldn't follow along anymore. I couldn't remember who was still alive or where anyone was because there were different communities. Then after not seeing a character for a while they pop up and I think, oh yeah, they're still alive? So it lost character bonding and I really didn't know what was going on anymore. I still record the show and watch it from time to time though. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

It's the exact same thing in every episode with no actual plot to speak of. They fight zombies, move to the next camp. They fight zombies, move to the next camp. I've seen the first 5 seasons, and that's all the fuck they did. If I wanted to watch that, I would join the scouts at Halloween and go trick or treating. If you want to know how the show goes, pick any random episode, watch it, and you have seen the entire series from the pilot to the finale. Which includes episodes that haven't even been filmed yet.

I really need to get back into the show because I stopped a while back and never watched it again. Unfortunately, at this point, I've kind of forgotten everything that has happened as well so if I do get back into it, I'll probably have to watch from the beginning all over again.

I love Zombie Apocalypse shows and movies but I did not get past Season 2 of The Walking Dead. I think it was because there was so much hype around it and I just naturally like to sit out things like that until the hype dies down. I'm like that with most shows. I think it's because I find it so devastating to get into a show and it abruptly ends due to budget cuts. Perhaps sometime when I retire I will catch up on The Walking Dead series!

On 9/2/2021 at 1:45 PM, Darth said:

I really need to get back into the show because I stopped a while back and never watched it again. Unfortunately, at this point, I've kind of forgotten everything that has happened as well so if I do get back into it, I'll probably have to watch from the beginning all over again.

Every episode more or less hordes of Zombies and most of them pretty god damn stupid...