Register Now
killamch89

Epic Games Face Backlash Over Fortnite's Messy Martin Luther King Event

This has got to stop - we don't want these shitty companies to be pandering to us blacks. You can tell they never did any proper research and are just virtue signalling. We don't want scummy companies like Epic Games making our icons into a stupid event. This is such disrespect for a man that tried to fight for equality amongst all races and classes of people. What are your thoughts on this?

I don't see how epic thought something like this wouldn't have blown up in their face. Like come on kids aren't going to be serious in a game and on top of that you have tons of players that like to troll in the game. They should've honestly made an entirely seperate game using the fortnite code meant solely for this memorial, zero emotes zero skins.

13 hours ago, Empire said:

I don't see how epic thought something like this wouldn't have blown up in their face. Like come on kids aren't going to be serious in a game and on top of that you have tons of players that like to troll in the game. They should've honestly made an entirely seperate game using the fortnite code meant solely for this memorial, zero emotes zero skins.

Exactly - complete lack of awareness. They were thinking about the profits that they'd get by virtue signalling - the problem is when the proper research isn't done and it comes out like this. Epic ends up looking pretty stupid for this.

8 hours ago, Darth said:

Yeah, some things are best left to schools. I'm not sure what they were aiming to do with such an event in a game where kids and adults are obviously going to be messing around and not taking things seriously.

It was so pointless and so many things in this event were contradictory as hell.

On 9/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, Empire said:

Seriously - I'm looking forward to them having their ass fried hard for being so stupid at least from the way I see it. They felt, it's nothing to drag any attention, but they are just being kicked in the teeth. 

1 minute ago, skyfire said:

I personally think one should not mess with culture and religion. because often you may find some cultures always get the shield. some just don't. 

Yeah - You're very correct with that assessment because when it comes to religion and culture, those two things are by meant to me trifled with at all because it never ends well. 

On 9/11/2021 at 1:53 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah - You're very correct with that assessment because when it comes to religion and culture, those two things are by meant to me trifled with at all because it never ends well. 

I totally agree - they need to concentrate on the gaming aspect of Fortnite rather than trying to make it a political platform. People play games to escape the real world not to encounter the BS they're running away from.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:54 AM, killamch89 said:

I totally agree - they need to concentrate on the gaming aspect of Fortnite rather than trying to make it a political platform. People play games to escape the real world not to encounter the BS they're running away from.

Seriously - there have been so many religious crisis that sparked out of nothingness. It's a very very delicate concept. 

On 9/13/2021 at 8:24 AM, killamch89 said:

Lot of mythologies can be created on their own and fictional ideas are not hard. take example of resident evil, devil may cry. In fact devil may cry and darksiders have created those stories which have no religion clashing (though some minor here and there) but they can have their own universe for us. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Lot of mythologies can be created on their own and fictional ideas are not hard. take example of resident evil, devil may cry. In fact devil may cry and darksiders have created those stories which have no religion clashing (though some minor here and there) but they can have their own universe for us. 

Definitely, they really know how to avoid getting it mixed up with anything religious that may be implode the existence of the game especially if it's anything related to Islam in a bad way. 

On 9/15/2021 at 4:59 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously - there have been so many religious crisis that sparked out of nothingness. It's a very very delicate concept. 

What they need to do is concentrate on making Fortnite a fun game to play. It's become so repetitive nowadays that players are quitting left and right.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:33 AM, skyfire said:

I agree they should leave it out of their game as that wasn't what made Fortnite gain its popularity in the first place.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

What they need to do is concentrate on making Fortnite a fun game to play. It's become so repetitive nowadays that players are quitting left and right.

I agree they should leave it out of their game as that wasn't what made Fortnite gain its popularity in the first place.

Most people already gave up on the game for the trash they are doing with it for a very long time now. It's become an unusual game.