Register Now
StaceyPowers

Study: Video games may lower depression risk

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Depression is a very bad thing to deal with and it's very important that it's tackled hard by all means necessary. 

It should be tackled by all means. When who is always facing the issues of depressing is reducing the life span due to challenges that comes through it. And I'm happy video games is an option to reduce the effect of depression. 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:33 AM, Justin11 said:

It should be tackled by all means. When who is always facing the issues of depressing is reducing the life span due to challenges that comes through it. And I'm happy video games is an option to reduce the effect of depression. 

A lot of people and gamers included have lots their lives as a result of being depressed in one way or another. It's why I see it as a cancer

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

A lot of people and gamers included have lots their lives as a result of being depressed in one way or another. It's why I see it as a cancer

Yes, when you're always depressed, it comes with different health issues, it can cause heartache, even cancer, etc. That's why we need to find peace in whatever passion or hobby we find ourselves in. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, when you're always depressed, it comes with different health issues, it can cause heartache, even cancer, etc. That's why we need to find peace in whatever passion or hobby we find ourselves in. 

Seriously, control is very important in the lives of any gamer and none gamers because it's going to save you a lot of troubles. 

33 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, control is very important in the lives of any gamer and none gamers because it's going to save you a lot of troubles. 

Yes, of course. When we have that eagerness to control our mindset from going shambles via video game, indirectly we are increasing the life span, due to the happiness derived from playing video games. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:38 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, depression can kick in at any time in one's life and it's why being happy all the time is very important to me and why I don't joke with my games. 

I have seen a kid that got his depression so bad that it almost cost him his life. It's why I recommend hospital check up with my kids most of the time. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

I have seen a kid that got his depression so bad that it almost cost him his life. It's why I recommend hospital check up with my kids most of the time. 

I don't even know which one between kids and adult depression that's more critical and needs more attention. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I don't even know which one between kids and adult depression that's more critical and needs more attention. 

Seriously, neither the kids and adult depression  is good one bit my friend. They are both deadly for those that are suffering from it. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, neither the kids and adult depression  is good one bit my friend. They are both deadly for those that are suffering from it. 

Yeah, that's a fact. Depression kills both the old and young people without any discrimination. It's like cancer if you ask me. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's a fact. Depression kills both the old and young people without any discrimination. It's like cancer if you ask me. 

You don't even need to stress it mate with how bad depression is in or for someone's health. They don't sleep or eat well that eventually lead to their death. 

On 9/7/2021 at 5:57 PM, Empire said:

Well, researchers found that boys who played video games most days had 24 per cent fewer depressive symptoms, three years later than boys who played video games less than once a month, although this effect was only significant among boys with low physical activity levels, and was not found among girls. 

Critics of video games say kids aren't getting enough exercise. Of course, no exercise might be a major culprit in depression and other health problems.  Anyway, I'm not to the extreme to get rid of games, but kids need to get into physical activity.

Yeah, of course, gaming is fun - so would eliminate depression to various degrees.

I remembered when I was still in high school, I found the pleasure to play with friends who were classmates back then during school over. After feeling sad during school hour due to excessive punishment from my seniors and teachers when I never get things right. Playing games erased such bad feelings back then, and made me happy.