Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did gaming help prepare you for your career?

No. but my career helped me prepare for gaming 😄

OK, what I actually mean is that there are lots of parallels between gaming technology and what I do for a living. We are using similar cutting edge technology, in some we are ahead of the curve, and it was great seeing game developers adopting technology  we have been using for years at that point.

23 hours ago, m76 said:

OK, what I actually mean is that there are lots of parallels between gaming technology and what I do for a living. We are using similar cutting edge technology, in some we are ahead of the curve, and it was great seeing game developers adopting technology  we have been using for years at that point.

Gaming is simply about advanced tech. If tech didn't come onboard it wouldn't have been easy to get the best out of games, which makes them today dragging our attention. 

On 9/8/2021 at 10:33 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually what happened with me when it comes to playing racing video games. Some drive through are very informative. 

There is this game called Parking where you literally learn how to park your car in block space with cars in front and back. It helped me to get my car parking IRL well. 

I know about this game Parking that you just mentioned. It's available on mobile right? I have played it very well and it's quite efficient in teaching one how to drive and park cars. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

I know about this game Parking that you just mentioned. It's available on mobile right? I have played it very well and it's quite efficient in teaching one how to drive and park cars. 

Exactly - it's on mobile that I had played it many years ago. I'm not sure if the game is still played now but it was very informative then. 

On 10/15/2021 at 4:43 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly - it's on mobile that I had played it many years ago. I'm not sure if the game is still played now but it was very informative then. 

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I think my sister still have the game on her phone. I will check it out and see if I can get it. 

On 10/13/2021 at 6:57 PM, m76 said:

Wow, that way it means that with what your career have done for you, it makes it very much easier for you to adjust to most video games playing. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I am still new to the game, I'm okay to have learned about the game here, through the positive reviews of some posters here concerning 'Parking. 

Not everyone can drive, if you are finding it very difficult to learn it, it's best to allow it for those that can actually drive to avoid scratching your car. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Wow, that way it means that with what your career have done for you, it makes it very much easier for you to adjust to most video games playing. 

No, it doesn't translate to playing games, it means I know more about some technologies used in game development than many game devs themselves, because I've been using them before they did.

29 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Not everyone can drive, if you are finding it very difficult to learn it, it's best to allow it for those that can actually drive to avoid scratching your car. 

Lol, I can drive in reality and also in VR world. Just that, I never played this one called Parking before. 

7 minutes ago, m76 said:

No, it doesn't translate to playing games, it means I know more about some technologies used in game development than many game devs themselves, because I've been using them before they did.

With that being said, it means that you have knowledge on video games development. It's a skill or knowledge that may come in handy in the future if you decide to pursue that opportunity.