Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you think people can learn to be more tolerant from playing games?

Just now, Razor1911 said:

F1 is good too, but not as like Forza or NFS. The gameplay of Forza is just of another level. Jumping from the plane with parachute and start racing after touching the ground. F1 is more like a simulation and real like. 

For the fact that it's something that I'm yet to play makes a difference in my getting to have an experience with F1. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Just checking out the launch trailer of F1 2021, it's definitely going to be very interesting and intense gameplay. 

The trailer is top notch which amazing background, I know the console used for the trailer is better console, and not the one I'm using currently to play old F1 series. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The trailer is top notch which amazing background, I know the console used for the trailer is better console, and not the one I'm using currently to play old F1 series. 

It's definitely going to be Playstation 5 with looking at the year timeline of the trailer being 2021. 

This has now gone a bit too far off the rails. If you guys want to discuss racing games, that's fine, but I request that you do on on an appropriate thread please.

And if there isn't one, create a new one.

Edited by Shagger

On 9/5/2021 at 10:04 PM, StaceyPowers said:

A lot of video games include themes that promote more awareness of prejudice. But do you think that people can learn to be more tolerant from playing games?

I think in some cases, some people probably do question their assumptions and beliefs when exposed to different ideas in games. But other people are not going to open their minds regardless of what they play.

Seriously - I'm not really sure if it's something that gaming can do or not do but I have had my fair share of racist abuse from a fellow gamer we played online. Some just used gaming to mask their real identity till they can't anymore and show exactly how intolerant they can be. 

Below is a chat I had with a supposed friend that we played Top Eleven Football Manager for at least 3 years together in the same association team. I just ignored him and that's the last time I ever spoke to him till date. 

20210928_170615_rmscr.thumb.jpg.4478e8cbeaf6121250c086b5ee2f4185.jpg

On 9/28/2021 at 11:55 PM, Head_Hunter said:

That's one reason I frown at online game chat, people can be so arrogant, such chat the gamer displayed on the screenshot you displayed isn't a good one, such kind of users promote toxic atmosphere in the gaming world. 

Seriously - till date I'm still very shocked 😲 at what the guy did because at a time I used to believe him to be a friend. 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - till date I'm still very shocked 😲 at what the guy did because at a time I used to believe him to be a friend. 

Hmm, you shouldn't call him a friend cos he isn't a friend to you, anyone who can't keep good and polite conduct with you isn't a friend.