Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather be a brilliant scientist or an amazing singer?

Brilliant scientist, and battle the world and deal with the good way to how you can help in the world. I'm bad at singing anyway and even that singing can be you rich, being an brilliant scientist can make you rich and can help so much in a good ways.

I would pick being a brilliant scientist. I like making things & helping people. I am not musically talented & can take or leave music & singing.

Being a scientist, I think it would be more rewarding. Financially as well as socially. There are awards out there that they give to scientists. The recognition. Singers get recognition but it is only for one thing whereas as science, the possibilities are endless.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They have that. It's called autotune.

Funny enough - I forgot about that. It annoys me though and it just sounds robotic. I'd much rather something that sounded more organic.

12 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I would pick being a brilliant scientist. I like making things & helping people. I am not musically talented & can take or leave music & singing.

Being a scientist, I think it would be more rewarding. Financially as well as socially. There are awards out there that they give to scientists. The recognition. Singers get recognition but it is only for one thing whereas as science, the possibilities are endless.

You'd be nominated for the Nobel prize among other things.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

This is a tough one.

I would say brilliant scientist, because astrophysics would be a great field for me to get into.

But with how important music is to me, I would love to be a better singer.

I think I would have to go with singer.

There's nothing wrong with that.

21 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

That's not true. Sure singers and bands in general get things like Grammy's and gold records. But they also can get a lot of other awards or just recognition for humanitarian efforts. There's a band I listen to called Citizen Soldier. They're not the most well known band, but their music is all about mental illness and fighting thoughts that run through your mind in your darkest times. It's about feeling alone in this world, and shut off and away from it. While they don't have any Grammy's on their walls, their music has gotten me through some hard times. That recognition could mean more to a person than a shiny hunk of metal on a string.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Funny enough - I forgot about that. It annoys me though and it just sounds robotic. I'd much rather something that sounded more organic.

I know, I really don't know why these producers insist on using it so much.  Most of the time it makes the artist sound worse.  I always got that with Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day .  The autotune on the recording makes sounds so flat and it makes no sense because his real, live organic voice sounds infinity better.

13 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I know, I really don't know why these producers insist on using it so much.  Most of the time it makes the artist sound worse.  I always got that with Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day .  The autotune on the recording makes sounds so flat and it makes no sense because his real, live organic voice sounds infinity better.

A lot of hip hop artists use it as well and their real voices sound way better and more authentic. Autotune always triggered me from the T-Pain days - It can probably help a terrible singer sound average at best but it has no real benefit to a great singer.

On 9/9/2021 at 7:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

That's not true. Sure singers and bands in general get things like Grammy's and gold records. But they also can get a lot of other awards or just recognition for humanitarian efforts. There's a band I listen to called Citizen Soldier. They're not the most well known band, but their music is all about mental illness and fighting thoughts that run through your mind in your darkest times. It's about feeling alone in this world, and shut off and away from it. While they don't have any Grammy's on their walls, their music has gotten me through some hard times. That recognition could mean more to a person than a shiny hunk of metal on a string.

Good point! I was mainly talking about their talents. Scientists create things using their brains to think. Singers as well. However, singers doing humanitarian efforts are doing it because they have extra money, for the publicity, etc. It's not a 'talent' like singing & writing songs. That was why I wrote what I did 🙂 

On 9/16/2021 at 8:43 PM, Sharon said:

I would choose to be an amazing singer. I feel like it would be too much pressure to contribute to society being a brilliant scientist. 

Whenever you want to do something great in life, there'll always be pressure. From sporting icons like Christiano Ronaldo to people like Mike Tyson - they always felt pressure whenever they performed but they used it as motivation.