Register Now
ZandraJoi

VCRs

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Those ar ethe great days, remember as a kid going to a video store to rent videos for the day 🙂 Going with family or with a family member 🙂 

Also remember when DVDs came out and video stores started doing DVDs rentals but failed as then they all closed down as time goes on. Nowdays DVDs are fading out now XD 

Yeah, Blu-ray and 4K have pretty much replaced DVD completely. Also more people are streaming these days as well. Personally I prefer to have the physical media. If I want to watch a movie, I don’t have to worry about connection issues. I don’t have to worry about the service being down or saying it can’t play the title in question either. Also I take great care of my DVD’s and disc games, so the worry of them being damaged is almost nil.

1 hour ago, Grungie said:

I still have one. I barely use the device though. It does fit the aesthetic of my retro setup. Having it paired with the old consoles and a CRT adds to the flair.

I still have a VCR/TV combo. I use it a lot if I want to watch a movie on cassette.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I still have a VCR/TV combo. I use it a lot if I want to watch a movie on cassette.

We tossed a lot of our tapes. We moved around a lot, and we didn’t watch most of them, so we ditched them. A good chunk of them were just recordings from channels like HBO and not authentic ones anyway.

I myself still have two VCRs video players 😉 they have DVDs players in them also. I do not use them much anymore as I stream on Amazon or netflix but they are there to keep and not throw away. I want to try and last. End of the day I still got videos laying around. 

On 6/19/2022 at 8:23 AM, Grungie said:

I still have one. I barely use the device though. It does fit the aesthetic of my retro setup. Having it paired with the old consoles and a CRT adds to the flair.

Is it still fully functional? Can you imagine showing kids of this generation a VCR? They'd probably ask if it has Bluetooth connectivity and HDMI connection....

18 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Is it still fully functional? Can you imagine showing kids of this generation a VCR? They'd probably ask if it has Bluetooth connectivity and HDMI connection....

It still works

The good old days, my dad was so into electronics and would buy whatever he felt was a good addition to his sets.

We still have those VCR's packed in our store house my dad doesn't like to get rid of stuffs as well so our store house is practically a junk yard. I strongly believe we could open a museum with some of his old gadgets we kept there. Lol