Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there a quest where you consistently side against your own faction?

21 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Is there a quest in any video game where you consistently take the opposing side from your own? As an example, in Skyrim, I always rescue the Stormcloak soldier from the Thalmor, even though I am always an Imperial (my reason is that I figure the Thalmor are mutual enemies).

Yeah - your case with working against the Thalmors supports the old proverb that says "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". It's a common thing to do when you have an interest in the end against a common foe. 

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

When I normally go for a strictly dragonborn playthrough, I'm normally neutral to both sides and only slaughter the Thalmor since they're the main issue outside of Alduin.

Seriously - I don't really know if there is anyone who would side the Thalmor knowing fully well what they are capable of. 

Not in all games, but some games like in PUBG I try to score better than what I scored last time. For example, in season 12 my KD ratio was around 3.5, I always try to improve my KD ratio with every passing season. 😊

Edited by Razor1911

7 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Not in all games, but some games like in PUBG I try to score better than what I scored last time. For example, in season 12 my KD ratio was around 3.5, I always try to improve my KD ratio with every passing season. 😊

Yeah - As long as gaming is concerned, there will definitely be different choices from one person to another based on what we like to do. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Everyone's perspective is different that's why we'll always speak different choices of video games and the scenes that brings us the best lore. 

Exactly, if siding against my own very faction at one point in time would turn out to be beneficial to me in the long run, it's definitely worth it. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, if siding against my own very faction at one point in time would turn out to be beneficial to me in the long run, it's definitely worth it. 

Yes, if your choice is bringing you benefits then you shouldn't allow anyone's opinion ruin it for you. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

At times I am passionate to feel pity of some mutual enemies when I am in an adventure game. I spare some of their lives even when it is not reality, I simply take my RL feelings into the game. 

I wouldn't be too kind to spare an enemy that might end up being a bigger threat for me in the future. I'd eliminate him immediately. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

I wouldn't be too kind to spare an enemy that might end up being a bigger threat for me in the future. I'd eliminate him immediately. 

It's never the right thing to do in my opinion because when you allow such to happen, it will be setting up what's going to take you down. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's never the right thing to do in my opinion because when you allow such to happen, it will be setting up what's going to take you down. 

Seriously - An enemy will always be an enemy and letting them live or supporting them in one way or another will definitely come back to bite you hard.