Register Now
StaceyPowers

What is the most responsibility/highest position you ever achieved in an MMO?

21 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What is the highest position you ever held in an MMO? Mine was "Clan Speaker and Representative." Not great 😕

You're the clan speaker - so speaking or representing the who clan is pretty a high position. Don't feel sad about it or what's your dream position? 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

You're the clan speaker - so speaking or representing the who clan is pretty a high position. Don't feel sad about it or what's your dream position? 

I agree - being the one to handle conversations with outside parties is a pretty big position and comes handy when negotiating things like alliances and other stuff between both parties.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - being the one to handle conversations with outside parties is a pretty big position and comes handy when negotiating things like alliances and other stuff between both parties.

Seriously - It's not a small tasks being a spokesman for any team because the survival of the clan depends on how good you are with words. 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:14 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What is the highest position you ever held in an MMO? Mine was "Clan Speaker and Representative." Not great 😕

A Clan Speaker and Representative is a very high priority position in my opinion. As for me, I'm very comfortable with being a floor member 😁

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

A Clan Speaker and Representative is a very high priority position in my opinion. As for me, I'm very comfortable with being a floor member 😁

See this one running away from responsibilities ; if I figured out what you're doing in my team, I'd give you the job of head to security. 

I've consistently been an officer in just about every MMO guild I've been in save for two, and I was selected by Blizzard's Community Manager team to be an MVP of their EU forums. I however chose to quit that role as my treatment by the community was dire, and the CMs had no interest in engaging in the forums. I went to YouTube at that point because Blizzard seemed more interested in hearing what people outside their own forums had to say.

16 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I went to YouTube at that point because Blizzard seemed more interested in hearing what people outside their own forums had to say.

So, Blizzard didn't value much of the input their own forum members were giving? What could be the reason for that? And how would they know what's being said about them from the outside, it's only going to be having spies in other forums to do it for them. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

So, Blizzard didn't value much of the input their own forum members were giving? What could be the reason for that? And how would they know what's being said about them from the outside, it's only going to be having spies in other forums to do it for them. 

If they did value it, it wasn't obvious. Which I can understand given they'd rather take their opinions from experienced players who can show that through their streams and gameplay, rather than boosted achievements and other displays of (in)ability on their forums. I suppose it was just a matter of visibility, even if I am bitter about it.

Community Managers (CMs) very rarely spoke to any but the select few 'greens' (MVPs are called such because of the stand-out green text) that they apparently deemed worth talking to. In my time with them I'd learnt very little about their motivations and means of gathering information to pass onto the higher-ups. The European players and forumgoers were never taken all that seriously anyway I'm afraid.

As for what's being said of them from outside their forums, it appears as though the lead game designers simply had enough time to watch YouTube and streams in between sexually harrassing their employees.

Thanks for taking an interest! Sorry I couldn't provide much valuable info, it was a few years back since I frequented those forums, and I shall likely never do so again.

On 10/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, Heatman said:

See this one running away from responsibilities ; if I figured out what you're doing in my team, I'd give you the job of head to security. 

You're definitely not going to see me because I really can't do well with such post. Head of security is too much for me to handle mate.