Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are modern MMOs like?

There are quite so many interesting recent MMO games that wouldn't disappoint you from investing your time in playing them. For example, Guild Wars 2, and Eve Online are good recommendations. Getting to fight dragon Jormag and his icebrood as the hero is one hell of a challenge you should be ready for in Guild Wars 2.

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - the issue with these companies having to force in unending microtransactions in these games is something you should be prepared for. 

It's going to get worse because you're being charged for everything in these games. Soon, you'll be charged for just starting up the game and logging in.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's going to get worse because you're being charged for everything in these games. Soon, you'll be charged for just starting up the game and logging in.

Imagine getting charged for logging into the game? It's definitely going to one of the most hilarious level it could get to. 

On 9/9/2021 at 9:33 PM, killamch89 said:

Just like MMOs up to 10 years old but are even more predatory in terms of the microtransaction systems. Besides that, they also have less character customization and gender locked classes.

The issue is microtransaction is something that has come to stay with such games and it's most likely not going to scrapped ever. 

On 9/9/2021 at 9:33 PM, killamch89 said:

Just like MMOs up to 10 years old but are even more predatory in terms of the microtransaction systems. Besides that, they also have less character customization and gender locked classes.

Even with their less character customization and gender locked classes in the game, they are still very deep rooted with their usage of microtransaction. 

On 10/15/2021 at 1:23 AM, Boblee said:

The issue is microtransaction is something that has come to stay with such games and it's most likely not going to scrapped ever. 

Yeah - it's something that's here to stay for life when it comes to how these companies chase after making and miking more money from their fans. 

17 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

That's one of the essence of MMOs creation simply to activate the nicro-transactions and charge gamers money as they enjoy the feeling of MMO with other gamers. 

It's when they start overdoing the use of microtransactions in their games that it gets on my nerves. Too much of everything is bad in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's when they start overdoing the use of microtransactions in their games that it gets on my nerves. Too much of everything is bad in my opinion. 

Yes, too much of everything is bad indeed. Those game devs asking too much via nicro-transactions aren't getting it right cos it's too much for the gamers. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, this is my very take on how they should be making use of microtransactions in their games. Once they are not abusing it, it's welcome in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, this is my very take on how they should be making use of microtransactions in their games. Once they are not abusing it, it's welcome in my opinion. 

It's not all about the resources spent on making the games that they need to cover up, they have workers to pay, bills to pay, so the game's selling price will definitely not be enough. It's why I'm open to allowing microtransactions to used in a moderate way.