Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are video gamers (sometimes) narcissistic?

On 9/24/2021 at 11:21 AM, Heatman said:

As far as I'm concerned, human beings are always going to be very different with the way behave and act in online communities. They are bound to be calm headed ones and the hot heads. 

They'll simply turn hot headed when they've been defeated severally in an online or offline multiplayer that's when they'll start altering words abusively. 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:48 PM, Crazycrab said:

Oh I totally see narcissistic behaviour among gamers all the time, I dare say they seem to be narcissists most of the time!  Maybe it's a little unfair to point the fingers at just gamers for it, it's a pretty common thing in general these days.

Some kids and even adults tend to dispose narcissistic behaviour amongst themselves with games they get into. The rate at which some of them are toxic to fellow gamers is worrying. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some kids and even adults tend to dispose narcissistic behaviour amongst themselves with games they get into. The rate at which some of them are toxic to fellow gamers is worrying. 

Seriously, age has got nothing to do with being narcissistic. It's a human behavioral tendency that can come at any point in time. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Some humans behaviors are simply soured they can talk shit, that's why I love staying alone some times, I don't game online much due to this kind of behaviours in some online gamers. 

Seriously, I believe that it's something to do with one's upbringing when they are small that set them up for being narcissistic. 

On 10/15/2021 at 4:53 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, age has got nothing to do with being narcissistic. It's a human behavioral tendency that can come at any point in time. 

I do very well agree with you here. If a child is brought up parents or guardian who are narcissistic, such kid will grow up being narcissistic as well in his or her behavior. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I believe that it's something to do with one's upbringing when they are small that set them up for being narcissistic. 

The parents also caused the children to be narcissistic, especially when their parents are like that, and doesn't control their bad attitude it just flew into the children as well. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

I do very well agree with you here. If a child is brought up parents or guardian who are narcissistic, such kid will grow up being narcissistic as well in his or her behavior. 

Yeah - in most cases it's what happens with such kids with parents who aren't fit to train their kids in an upright manner. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Parents do influence their wards, surely those kids will be narcissistic in nature just like their parents. 

Of course, they are supposed to influence their kids being the ones that are tasked with their upbringing who still fail at their jobs. 

Just now, Boblee said:

Of course, they are supposed to influence their kids being the ones that are tasked with their upbringing who still fail at their jobs. 

Yes, they are responsible for their children's behavior during upbringing. When parents show good moral standards their wards imitate. But when they are entangled with childish and immature character their children follows too. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, they are responsible for their children's behavior during upbringing. When parents show good moral standards their wards imitate. But when they are entangled with childish and immature character their children follows too. 

Some people are not really qualified to be called a parent because they can't even take very good care of themselves and not to talk about taking care of kids. 

6 minutes ago, Boblee said:

Some people are not really qualified to be called a parent because they can't even take very good care of themselves and not to talk about taking care of kids. 

Lol, what you just said it's true, they simply can't take care of themselves talk more of their kids attitude. They can't even control their gaming urge and draft a routine schedule for everything they do in their early lives. 

its insane how many wot players are narcissts ...like i they will straight up waste their team while being top tier in a super strong tank destroyers with a fuckload of armor...but they sit in base, missing every shot they make.

11 hours ago, Empire said:

its insane how many wot players are narcissts ...like i they will straight up waste their team while being top tier in a super strong tank destroyers with a fuckload of armor...but they sit in base, missing every shot they make.

It's simply awful seeing toxic people flooding the gaming community simply saturating with their toxic comments. That's one of the things gaming communities should look to reduce to keep the communities clean for proper gaming discussion.