Register Now
PGen98

Do You Actively Collect Video Games?

39 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I've never collected any game won through auction or whatsoever, I buy using my own funds. Kudos to you for racking over 40 consoles and 2,500+ video games through collections. 

I used to do with when I was in college. But now a days there is a shop in our area, where we can sell the used games at considerable price. So after completing most of the games I simply sell there and buy new ones. 😊

3 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I used to do with when I was in college. But now a days there is a shop in our area, where we can sell the used games at considerable price. So after completing most of the games I simply sell there and buy new ones. 😊

That's an immense option for you guys that are into gaming. Buying and completing a game and later flipping it in exchange for another is a tremendous thing buddy. Had it been I have one closer to me, I wouldn't have been facing hassle to be moving far distance to buy games. 

Agreed @PGen98. The PlayStation Plus free games have been really good although the recent months haven't been as good. The lineups when the PS5 first came out, was really, really good. Games like Overcooked and Wreckfest were awesome to play with the new DualSense features.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:02 AM, PGen98 said:

Well the great thing about collecting is that it doesn't matter about having a massive collection, so long as it means something to you, that's still collecting!

I totally agree - your game collection is for your own enjoyment no matter how many games it is.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:27 AM, PGen98 said:

Precisely, it's impossible to play every game after a certain point, so enjoyment and fulfillment is what it's mostly about.

I think it's more of most of us gamers liking to explore and have a more feel of more games than actually completing all of them. 

On 10/4/2021 at 5:27 AM, PGen98 said:

Oh yeah, the Steam libraries can grow out of control very quickly!  I've got over 300 games on Steam, with a vast majority gathering e-dust.  It's still a form of collecting, for sure!  Have I played every single game I own?  No, I haven't, but the vast majority, yes!

More then me and I beat that you have 80% of games that you have not even played before 😛 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:05 AM, Razor1911 said:

Wow, that's really a great business arrangement which you have with the shop owner. Most people are looking for such opportunities around here but it's impossible. 

On 10/4/2021 at 4:05 AM, Razor1911 said:

That sounds like an awesome place - too bad we don't have any of those since the lockdown.

On 10/4/2021 at 10:33 AM, Darth said:

Agreed @PGen98. The PlayStation Plus free games have been really good although the recent months haven't been as good. The lineups when the PS5 first came out, was really, really good. Games like Overcooked and Wreckfest were awesome to play with the new DualSense features.

Yeah, it's been the same on the Xbox side, as well.  The games they release are good for short periods to get your interest back up, and then they go back to mediocre games that aren't that fun to play.  Still have to give them a download and a try, though, since they're free!

On 10/4/2021 at 6:28 PM, killamch89 said:

I totally agree - your game collection is for your own enjoyment no matter how many games it is.

Yep, spot on!  It doesn't matter if you have a massive collection or a collection of 5 games.  If those five games mean something to you and you get enjoyment out of them, then more power to you!

On 10/5/2021 at 12:52 PM, Heatman said:

I think it's more of most of us gamers liking to explore and have a more feel of more games than actually completing all of them. 

This is very, very true.  I have games in my collection that I bought to try and couldn't get into, so I pushed as far as I could and then they now sit in my backlog waiting for the day I get back to them.  At least I tried it, I'm thankful for that with every game in that situation!

18 hours ago, Empire said:

More then me and I beat that you have 80% of games that you have not even played before 😛 

In my Steam library, very much so!  I get a lot of games gifted to me at christmas and on my bday, and they're usually games that are jokes picked out by friends being funny (Shower with your dad simulator, for instance).  I don't play those games and they sit in my Steam library gather e-dust!

On 10/4/2021 at 9:25 AM, Head_Hunter said:

I've never collected any game won through auction or whatsoever, I buy using my own funds. Kudos to you for racking over 40 consoles and 2,500+ video games through collections. 

Seriously - in the end it's all game collection because you simply end up with getting the video game for yourself. 

The Xbox Live Gold lineup is definitely the worse out of the two. At least with PlayStation, I feel like some users get games that they like. I'm not sure the Gold lineup is ever good. But that's not a huge problem I guess since Xbox has Game pass which is amazing.

23 hours ago, PGen98 said:

This is very, very true.  I have games in my collection that I bought to try and couldn't get into, so I pushed as far as I could and then they now sit in my backlog waiting for the day I get back to them.  At least I tried it, I'm thankful for that with every game in that situation!

Yeah - it's something that happens to most gamers who have huge satisfaction issues with games. Then keep on getting and getting when it's getting impossible to complete it all. 

On 10/7/2021 at 2:56 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously - in the end it's all game collection because you simply end up with getting the video game for yourself. 

Sure, that's the way it works. Whether we are taking it from actions, gifts, or by purchase its simply going down as part of our collection.