Register Now
PGen98

How Big Is Your Backlog?

We all have one, whether it's induced by a lack of time or a rather good Steam sale, we've all managed to hit a point where we have games that we just haven't gotten to yet, and that sit waiting for the day we finally play them.  How many games do you have sitting and waiting, collecting real or virtual dust in the process?

For me the number is beyond count, though I would wager I have at least 300 physical games I've never touched since acquiring (many still sealed), and easily the same amount in my Steam library waiting for a play-through.  There's no rush to play them, obviously, and so I'll get around to them as I'm able to :).

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

The last time I took an inventory of my games backlogs, the physical games that I'm yet to play was 107 games and the digital games should be around 211.

What do you guys talking about? Do You mean you have that many games in your wishlist for buying, right? Or you have already purchased the games, and just yet not started to play those?

Edited by Razor1911

26 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

What do you guys talking about? Do You mean you have that many games in your wishlist for buying, right? Or you have already purchased the games, and just yet not started to play those?

It's the games that you have already purchased but yet to have them all played or even completed. It's what's backlog is all about. 

Correct, games we own and have not had the chance to get into, for one reason or another.  It happens over time, usually, but sneaks up on a lot of us until it becomes a bit overwhelming!

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

The last time I took an inventory of my games backlogs, the physical games that I'm yet to play was 107 games and the digital games should be around 211.

That is a very sizeable backlog, indeed!  It doesn't take much to become overwhelming! :)

9 minutes ago, PGen98 said:

Correct, games we own and have not had the chance to get into, for one reason or another.  It happens over time, usually, but sneaks up on a lot of us until it becomes a bit overwhelming!

That is a very sizeable backlog, indeed!  It doesn't take much to become overwhelming! 🙂

Seriously - when I say I'm not going to get another one so as to play down the ones already in backlog, a new thrilling one would come out and I'm back at it again ; just like I'm waiting on Call of Duty Vanguard now. 

9 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - when I say I'm not going to get another one so as to play down the ones already in backlog, a new thrilling one would come out and I'm back at it again ; just like I'm waiting on Call of Duty Vanguard now. 

Yep, I absolutely understand where you're coming from!  Trying to stop buying to play catch up, only for another one to roll down the pipelines and...well...you've got to grab it!  That's how my backlog got so out of whack in the first place, and it just hasn't stopped :D.  Hopefully one day I'll get a bit of free time to sit down and get through a few of those games, have a bit of fun with them!

1 minute ago, PGen98 said:

Yep, I absolutely understand where you're coming from!  Trying to stop buying to play catch up, only for another one to roll down the pipelines and...well...you've got to grab it!  That's how my backlog got so out of whack in the first place, and it just hasn't stopped :D.  Hopefully one day I'll get a bit of free time to sit down and get through a few of those games, have a bit of fun with them!

Exactly - you completely understand the situation at its very best because the moment you think there's a breather for you to take time to catch up with initially abandoned games and boom comes out another irresistible one. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When we talk about video games on my wish-list is very much. When we talk about games installed already without much attention I can't say none. I simply install games which I can play and not leave unopened. 

So, basically you only install one game at a time. It's actually cool because it shows that you have good control with your taste for games. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

So, basically you only install one game at a time. It's actually cool because it shows that you have good control with your taste for games. 

Yes, basically I'll only install games which I can open and play constantly and not leaving any out simply unopened. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, basically I'll only install games which I can open and play constantly and not leaving any out simply unopened. 

If it's possible for me to be following my games like this, I'd be happy but for the fact that there is way I do with money, so when a game is available when I have the cash for it, I'm getting it immediately irrespective of the one's I have already.