Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games feature the most satisfying melee experiences?

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

DMC 5 has great melee combat, Metal Gear Games, Skyrim, Kingdom, Witcher 3 and Onimusha. I could even throw in MMOs like Eden Eternal, Champions Online and Aura Kingdom. Age of Wushu also gets my vote.

I guess you forgot TLOU2. For me, it is the best among all in respect of melee fighting. I am not that fan of melee fights, but the close combat gameplay is really awesome here. 😊

I've said that TLOU2 is a huge leap forward in animation, it is so far above anything else that it is mindblowing.  Animations used to be janky, disconnected, glitchy in games. Felt like when an animation starts a magnet pulls characters into the desired position in every other game. Not in TLOU2, where everything is fluid, the transitions between moves is seamless, the melee combat is visceral and brutal. On a technology level that is the biggest achievement of the game, that sadly gets totally overlooked by most.

17 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I guess you forgot TLOU2. For me, it is the best among all in respect of melee fighting. I am not that fan of melee fights, but the close combat gameplay is really awesome here. 😊

I haven't played the second installment yet as I haven't gotten myself a PS5.

21 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

The correct answer is Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide and its sequel. Hammer go brrrr, as the young people appear to be saying.

It's a huge blast when it comes to melee battle. I particularly like the sling shot kills in the battle. 

There are some games that are pretty good like AC Odyssey and God of War 3, but I can't think of one that I consider very satisfying. I think games that might have that satisfaction is if I was greatly challenged. But games like that tend to be too hard to enjoy such as Bloodborne and Sekiro. Surprisingly, I really liked the combat in Hellblade. I wish the game had a lot more of combat and less puzzles. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

Middle-earth: Shadow Of War is another great game which has got a breathtaking experience with the kind of melee combat that's witnessed in it. 

Thanks for the trailer, it resembles God of war through the background, and character lookalike.