Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you set aside money for future game purchases?

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah, when you make such kind of budget work according to your finance, and spend on lesser products to save funds, 

Funds you'll need in the future. 

Yeah - it's actually something that is very good. I think that I'm going to copy that your purchase limits as well for myself. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually something that is very good. I think that I'm going to copy that your purchase limits as well for myself. 

If it's pleasing to you that way buddy you should seek for it because funds aren't super man, it's limited now, due to the influx of covid19 making my otter streams of income halving. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Since I'm facing issues of money income, it made me budgeting how much should go into my gaming in order to purchase video games, which has enabled me cutting down spending. 

Well, I always did that to ensure I didn't overspend on it at any given time. Games are nice but my personal responsibilities always come first.

I'm not really in a position to just off and buy games anymore, so sadly what I get excited for a game, I start the fund up immediately to go out pick it up when I can afford it.  It's not economical, but c'est la vie!

8 hours ago, PGen98 said:

I'm not really in a position to just off and buy games anymore, so sadly what I get excited for a game, I start the fund up immediately to go out pick it up when I can afford it.  It's not economical, but c'est la vie!

To be frank what you've said it's simply straightforward way when one doesn't have much of the funds. I always put aside savings for the game on my fantasy and not rushing up using money I've set aside for other things just to satisfying my gaming urge, No, I make plans for everything I want. 

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well, I always did that to ensure I didn't overspend on it at any given time. Games are nice but my personal responsibilities always come first.

Yeah, your personal responsibilities should come first then you can consider games as secondary option and others. 

19 hours ago, PGen98 said:

There's nothing wrong with that at all - do what works best for you and your situation.

On 10/2/2021 at 6:40 PM, Head_Hunter said:

If it's pleasing to you that way buddy you should seek for it because funds aren't super man, it's limited now, due to the influx of covid19 making my otter streams of income halving. 

Yeah - I believe that it's something that would be very helpful for me as well and on the impact of Covid19, all of us are suffering from it. 

On 10/4/2021 at 5:53 AM, Head_Hunter said:

To be frank what you've said it's simply straightforward way when one doesn't have much of the funds. I always put aside savings for the game on my fantasy and not rushing up using money I've set aside for other things just to satisfying my gaming urge, No, I make plans for everything I want. 

Agreed, it is definitely the simplest way to make progress towards luxury items at times when money is tough.  I save up, wait for sales, find discount codes, coupons, etc.  Whatever it takes to shave that price down until I can actually afford what I want.  It's the best way when times are tough.

On 10/4/2021 at 5:31 PM, killamch89 said:

There's nothing wrong with that at all - do what works best for you and your situation.

Agreed, I've been in positions where I could go out and get what I want when I want, and I've been in situations like I'm in now where I work as a full time caregiver to my mother who has dementia and I only make minimum wage at 26 billable hours a week and I scrape by and save up for what I want.  You just adapt to your circumstances and make do the best you can.  No shame in either situation!

I am not earning much online, that's why I'm careful when it comes to excessive spending. Any video game on my mind, I make budget for it then save towards it. I don't buy asap as I discover it, due to my financial level at the moment. 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:05 AM, PGen98 said:

Agreed, it is definitely the simplest way to make progress towards luxury items at times when money is tough.  I save up, wait for sales, find discount codes, coupons, etc.  Whatever it takes to shave that price down until I can actually afford what I want.  It's the best way when times are tough.

That's the simplest way I've deduced when it comes to getting video games. Also looking up for ways to slash the price a little bit down for yourself, is taking up what you've said. Which is going on checking for coupon codes, promo codes simply to get some discounts off the game purchase. Money is hard to get this days that's why I'm trying my best reducing the price a little bit to save some funds for next time shopping.