Register Now
StaceyPowers

How full or empty does your inventory tend to be in RPGs?

On 9/12/2021 at 11:43 PM, killamch89 said:

Mine's always bursting at the seams - as a matter of fact, I have to use in-game containers to store some of my items. I tend to collect anything that looks or might be useful in any given situation.

Exactly - and for the fact that there would be a possibility of such items having monetary value in the future makes the collection a motivating practice. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - and for the fact that there would be a possibility of such items having monetary value in the future makes the collection a motivating practice. 

Yep and also, the items may be able to make certain unique weapons but require lots of material.

How I see it in DayZ

1. HAve plenty of food and water and meds stocked up
  2. HAve three weapons and extra mags and full of ammo, meaning mags ready to replace real fast when in battle and ammo that last for days
  3. always have many saved free slots just in case for picking up things before going back to base 😛 

I say three maaxed weapons in your inventory, long range to short range and pistol. 

42 minutes ago, Empire said:

How I see it in DayZ

2. HAve three weapons and extra mags and full of ammo, meaning mags ready to replace real fast when in battle and ammo that last for days
  3. always have many saved free slots just in case for picking up things before going back to base 😛 

I say three maaxed weapons in your inventory, long range to short range and pistol. 

Seriously - if there's any way to make the ammo never getting exhausted, it's one resources that can never be too much in such a game. 

4 hours ago, Empire said:

How I see it in DayZ

That's my strategy - have a small number of weapons that are versatile and cover varying distances and have things like health kits and other essentials stocked up.

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's my strategy - have a small number of weapons that are versatile and cover varying distances and have things like health kits and other essentials stocked up.

Yeah - health is very important because you wouldn't know when those creeps swarm up on you and shit may get worse if you are running low on ammo. 

On 9/16/2021 at 9:18 PM, killamch89 said:

Also many ammo, More ammo then you need so that you do not have to keep going back to buy more

8 minutes ago, Empire said:

Also many ammo, More ammo then you need so that you do not have to keep going back to buy more

Ammo collection can never be more than enough because you are definitely going to be needing all of them when all hell is going to break lose. 

Typically full. Quite simply for the reason that most items can be sold off, and there's zero downside to having more money, unless you really can't fight off one of TESIV: Oblivion's highwaymen, which will let you go if you plead poverty (having less than 100 Septims, or wearing clothes of a value of less than 10 Septims.) In games such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's Hearthfire expansion, a lot of goods can be used to build a homestead, which may have previously been used for bartering or crafting items you may no longer need. Similarly with Fallout 4, where there's not a single item that can't be scrapped for building your strongholds. I'd say this encourages hoarding, but I imagine the kind of people who partake are already inventory hoarders.

And in the tabletop, some games have rules for coin weight, meaning you can't carry around hundreds of thousands of currency because it weighs so much, and games with rules such as that typically tell you the dimensions of currency, so you may only have limited space in your pack to place it.

Having said all that, there's a great sense of satisfaction to having a tidied up, low-encumberance inventory. Being light of foot makes me light of mood.

And you, @StaceyPowers? I'm always curious of your opinions on the threads you contribute to the forum!

Edited by Withywarlock