Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you choose names for your characters in RPGs?

Just now, Justin11 said:

Yes, most of the time I do it. When I am playing MGP career mode I choose to give my rider after my name same with FIFA player career mode too. 

I have most of my players on my FM renamed to my own name especially my team's captain and best player in the team. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

I have most of my players on my FM renamed to my own name especially my team's captain and best player in the team. 

That's tremendous, it should be that way, since you're the one controlling them. I love my own customize teams to bear my names, and my friends, love ones names. 

On 10/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, Justin11 said:

That's tremendous, it should be that way, since you're the one controlling them. I love my own customize teams to bear my names, and my friends, love ones names. 

I feel a sense of connection with my players whenever I get to see their names appear bearing my name. It's the reason why I do that with their names. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

I feel a sense of connection with my players whenever I get to see their names appear bearing my name. It's the reason why I do that with their names. 

That's cool, its a joy seeing my real name written on the back of my pro via fifa player career mode. I would love EA to make the commentators pronouncing the custom names. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's cool, its a joy seeing my real name written on the back of my pro via fifa player career mode. I would love EA to make the commentators pronouncing the custom names. 

That will definitely be something that's going to be very satisfying to the gamer. It will be as if you are the one achieving the statistics for yourself. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

That will definitely be something that's going to be very satisfying to the gamer. It will be as if you are the one achieving the statistics for yourself. 

Yes, that will surely increase your empathy for the game. Making you feel you're the one playing it in the virtual world. That's how gaming should be, look more realistic. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, that will surely increase your empathy for the game. Making you feel you're the one playing it in the virtual world. That's how gaming should be, look more realistic. 

Exactly, if I feel like I'm part of the game big time with my characters on my names, it's going to be more realistic just like you put it. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, if I feel like I'm part of the game big time with my characters on my names, it's going to be more realistic just like you put it. 

Sure, it will look as if, you're the one controlling the team in reality world but it's in virtual reality world. That's the kind of feelings I get when my pro player is bearing my name on his back. 

On 10/19/2021 at 11:35 AM, Boblee said:

That's basically how naming your character feels when they bear your name. They become part of you in a way that you feel connected to them and what they achieve in the game. 

26 minutes ago, Boblee said:

The characters that I play in most videos games are reflection of myself, it's why I love it when we have something that connects us to each other. 

That's good to hear such from you, that you prefer being the reflection of your real self, and having fun while the video game story is recreated around you. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

That's good to hear such from you, that you prefer being the reflection of your real self, and having fun while the video game story is recreated around you. 

Yes, it's the only way to get me being pushed to offer my all in contest seeing that the character bears my own name, so it's literally me. 

Just now, Boblee said:

Yes, it's the only way to get me being pushed to offer my all in contest seeing that the character bears my own name, so it's literally me. 

Such makes me feel like I'm moving to the super - lunar, because the feeling of being a professional footballer in the VR world makes me feeling professional already.