Register Now
The Blackangel

We Will Never Forget

Tuesday, September 11th, 2001 8:46AM EDT. The north tower of the World Trade Center was hit by a commercial airliner on flight 11.
At 9:03AM, the southern tower was hit by another commercial airliner on flight 175.
At 9:37AM flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon.
At 10:03AM a fourth airliner, flight 93, crashed in a field near Shanksville Pennsylvania, southeast of Pittsburgh. The target was believed to have been either the Capitol or the White House.

Four planned and deliberate attacks against the United States took the lives of 2,977 innocent people. It also took the 19 lives of the terrorists executing the plan, for a total of 2,996 people. In the aftermath, the brave men and women who rushed into the devastation to search in the hopes of finding a single survivor, who in turn lost their own lives doing so must be acknowledged. That puts the number well over 3000.

We cannot forget, nor can we forgive what happened. Not only was the United States devastated by the attack, but the rest of the civilized world was in shock also. Many of our allies joined in with us to bring those responsible to justice. We will never stop seeking for justice to win out for the atrocities committed by man. I would say "mankind" but there is no kindness to be found in acts like these.

I ask everyone to take a moment to remember those who died, simply because one man didn't like us because of where we lived. Despite being misanthropic, I don't believe in genocide unless it is the entire human race.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They knew that if they stayed in the building they were going to die. So they decided to take their chances and jump. Either way it was one of the worst tragedies in American history. It's right up there with December 7th.

I think this was more impactful because the whole world was watching it in real time - I mean every channel was covering it and for weeks it was the topic of discussion.