Register Now
Heatman

How fast did you adapt to your new console controller?

On 9/12/2021 at 2:20 AM, Heatman said:

Depending on the console you upgraded from to a new one, how fast did it take you to adapt to using the new controller different from your old console's own? 

Well, if it's the same model then it won't take me more than an hour to learn the keys. But if the model is another one and the key patterns are different it may take a whole day for me. 😊

Different consoles could have wildly different designs for their controllers back in the day, but now they all have the same basic configuration. Handles on each side, twin sticks, triggers, shoulder buttons, 4 face buttons and a d-pad.  It's just the layouts that are a little different.

Edited by Crazycrab

16 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Different consoles could have wildly different designs for their controllers back in the day, but now they all have the same basic configuration. Handles on each side, twin sticks, triggers, shoulder buttons, 4 face buttons and a d-pad.  It's just the layouts that are a little different.

Not only that but the traditional console manufacturers have kept the same layout for their controllers across several generations so it's a breeze to use them.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:34 AM, killamch89 said:

At most, it takes me a few hours and normally within an hour I've already learned how to use almost every function.

Yeah - for one who's very good at using those consoles playing his favorite, it's always going to be a smooth process adapting to the new ones. 

On 9/23/2021 at 1:18 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Since I'm more into play station console series it wasn't hard for me to master the controllers when I did exchange from PS2 to PS3, from PS3 to PS4. 

Yeah - it's exactly the very same thing with me jumping from playing with SEGA console to Playstation 1 to Playstation 4. 

15 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I didn't spend time though to master the controller when playing my favourite games. I started early with gaming, so it was easy to get down with controllers. 

I think she means the controllers of newer consoles like the PS5 which has some additional functionality compared to the PS4 controllers.

31 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I think she means the controllers of newer consoles like the PS5 which has some additional functionality compared to the PS4 controllers.

How did you know that the OP is a woman? Are you using X-ray to scan through the internet and discover the gender of everyone here? Okay what's my gender? Do you know if I am a woman? Lol. 

Thanks for the update, it is known that PS5 controller will always be preferred to PS4 because it's a newer version console. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

How did you know that the OP is a woman? Are you using X-ray to scan through the internet and discover the gender of everyone here? Okay what's my gender? Do you know if I am a woman? Lol. 

Thanks for the update, it is known that PS5 controller will always be preferred to PS4 because it's a newer version console. 

Haha - this gave gone down well. Maybe he's gotten in contact with the OP to know the sex (male or female). 

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

@StaceyPowers is a woman's username and she identifies as a female...

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

@killamch89 and I have known each other for ages now.

General PSA for all interested: Stacey Powers is a five-dimensional pandrogynous blob, but prefers "she" and "human female" for convenience.

Edited by StaceyPowers