Register Now
Heatman

Can you play a game without the soundtrack?

I used to be 100% against BGM in games, usually turning them off completely, or at least reducing the volume significantly. For example racing sims I still prefer to play without in game music. The quality of BGM has become so much better in other games that it is not annoying most of the time, so nowadays I usually don't touch the music volume.

Frequently, yes. I tend to listen to a show in the background (TV, YouTube, radio) and drown out the game that way. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. However, there are times where the music's too good to ignore, in which case I'll often just download it from YouTube and listen to it without requiring the game.

I don't really like any external noise when playing including music from outside the game.  I find it distracting and it takes me out of the world of the game.  I always play with the game's soundtrack because that's the experience how it was intended by the developer.

Just now, Patrik said:

not really, actually it's fun to explore more things that you can do in that game, Snowrunner for example, i was struggling to find out that i can use winches later!

i had 2 topics opened at the same time, so i replied in the wrong topic

ON TOPIC : some games have annoying soundtracks that play at random times for no reason lol, so sometimes i find myself pushed to disable soundtracks, but it happens with the minority of the games

14 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

However, there are times where the music's too good to ignore.. 

Yeah - This is exactly how it is with me when it comes to some games music. They are the ones that I literally seek out for downloads immediately after listening to it. 

Very Important. Music is very important to me in general so when I play a game with shitty music, it tends to bring down the experience. Memorable soundtracks like Ocarina of Time bring back a rush of nostalgia any time I hear the music. The ambient soundtrack in Resident Evil 4 just adds to the suspense of the game making it so much better.