Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

I have over 30 applications on my smartphone. I'm not sure if I make use of 15 of them. I'm thinking of having the rest removed but for the fear that I might be needing them in the future keeps making me leave them. 

They are all readily available on the Google Play Store for you to get them whenever you want them. It's not like you're paying for all of them right? They are all free apps I suppose? 

I have dozens of the applications on my phone, I use many of them which is mainly of crypto related, and payment gateway too. Since I'm involved woth crypto, it means having different wallets/exchanges, payment gateway that will enable buying and selling of the digital coin easy for me. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I have dozens of the applications on my phone, I use many of them which is mainly of crypto related, and payment gateway too. Since I'm involved woth crypto, it means having different wallets/exchanges, payment gateway that will enable buying and selling of the digital coin easy for me. 

I have said that I'm not going to bring up anything about my cryptocurrency involvement here on VGR because of how it was viewed the last time. I would suggest that you do so with caution too. 

10 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I have said that I'm not going to bring up anything about my cryptocurrency involvement here on VGR because of how it was viewed the last time. I would suggest that you do so with caution too. 

I am not bringing crypto here, I just put the heads-up concerning the kind of apps I have on my phone, which is mainly on crypto. But no problem, I'm not going further, I saw how were approached last time out. 

On 5/19/2022 at 4:04 AM, Boblee said:

It's just the game applications on my smartphone that takes up much of the storage space. If I need more free, I would just uninstall a few games especially the one's on GB size. 

Does your phone have a micro-SD slot? If so, all you have to do is get a 256GB version for $25 and you can store a lot of games on it.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Does your phone have a micro-SD slot? If so, all you have to do is get a 256GB version for $25 and you can store a lot of games on it.

I would never have micro-SD used ever again in my smartphone because of my last experience with using one. It got corrupted and all my files were gone. 

I've never had any problems with micro-SD cards. What brand were you using? If you want a brand that's durable, reliable, and the top of the market, you have to go with SanDisk. They're the best available (in my opinion anyway) they're really affordable, and they're one of the few that has released a micro-SD in a 1T size. I would definitely bet that you would never have a problem with that. Of course every company produces lemons from time to time. It's the nature of the beast. But I stand by SanDisk and will go to bat for them to say that you can safely rely on them.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:13 AM, killamch89 said:

It does have one but I never thought of getting one till now. I have picked the recommendation of SanDisk made in the comment below. Let me see if it's something that I can get by the end of today. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:05 AM, The Blackangel said:

I've never had any problems with micro-SD cards. What brand were you using? If you want a brand that's durable, reliable, and the top of the market, you have to go with SanDisk. They're the best available (in my opinion anyway) they're really affordable, and they're one of the few that has released a micro-SD in a 1T size. I would definitely bet that you would never have a problem with that. Of course every company produces lemons from time to time. It's the nature of the beast. But I stand by SanDisk and will go to bat for them to say that you can safely rely on them.

Sandisk all the way baby - the Samsung ones are pretty good as well. However, I recommend buying it from the official site because there are sellers on Amazon and Ebay selling fakes.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:27 AM, Boblee said:

It does have one but I never thought of getting one till now. I have picked the recommendation of SanDisk made in the comment below. Let me see if it's something that I can get by the end of today. 

Trust me - micro SD cards will always be useful no matter what the smartphone industry is trying to push.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sandisk all the way baby - the Samsung ones are pretty good as well. However, I recommend buying it from the official site because there are sellers on Amazon and Ebay selling fakes.

We deal with fakes and scammers everywhere. There is no product they don't have its substandard to push to into the market for buyers. 

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Trust me - micro SD cards will always be useful no matter what the smartphone industry is trying to push.

Maybe or maybe not. If my smartphone have high memory size, I might not need one. 

When I go to buy an SD card, micro or not, I always buy it in person from either Walmart, or Best Buy. I know Walmart is as crooked as it gets, but they do sell some good merch. And they're the cheapest place to get them. But if I need a bigger one, I go to best buy, because at the Walmart's here, the biggest they go to is 256. I put a 512 in my Switch. That one I had to get at Best Buy. They have 1T cards, but they're way out of my price range.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

When I go to buy an SD card, micro or not, I always buy it in person from either Walmart, or Best Buy. I know Walmart is as crooked as it gets, but they do sell some good merch. And they're the cheapest place to get them. But if I need a bigger one, I go to best buy, because at the Walmart's here, the biggest they go to is 256. I put a 512 in my Switch. That one I had to get at Best Buy. They have 1T cards, but they're way out of my price range.

I'm planning on getting one of those 1TB cards myself - I'm undecided if I'm going to put it into my phone or put it in my Switch when its delivered.