Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

On 8/30/2022 at 4:05 PM, Heatman said:

Damn, what happened to your dog? I hope it's not something too serious..? I lost a dog once and it really broke my heart. 

My dog got hit by a car - he jumped the fence to go do his thing because it's mating season and a car swerved onto the sidewalk and hit him and drove off immediately after. Luckily he got hit unto muy neighbor's trampoline so it cushioned most of the impact. He broke a few bones but he's okay.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My dog got hit by a car - he jumped the fence to go do his thing because it's mating season and a car swerved onto the sidewalk and hit him and drove off immediately after. Luckily he got hit unto muy neighbor's trampoline so it cushioned most of the impact. He broke a few bones but he's okay.

You need to find the fucker and torture them to a point that even the devil would tell you to take it easy.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I am sorry to hear that. I'm glad your dog is going to make a full recovery.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

You need to find the fucker and torture them to a point that even the devil would tell you to take it easy.

I wish I had a license plate or something to work with - my neighbor's camera only picked up what kind of vehicle it is.

1 hour ago, DC said:

I am sorry to hear that. I'm glad your dog is going to make a full recovery.

Thanks man.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

A hit and run...Damn!! The bastard must probably be drunk to have done that and had no remorse but to drive away. It would been a terrible way to lose one's loved dog. I'm happy he survived it.. He's a fighter. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

A hit and run...Damn!! The bastard must probably be drunk to have done that and had no remorse but to drive away. It would been a terrible way to lose one's loved dog. I'm happy he survived it.. He's a fighter. 

It happened during the night as well and just heard my dog screaming out in pain in my neighbor's yard and while running over there I saw the tyre marks and started connecting the dots. My neighor has a camera system so that's how I confirmed he had been hit by a car and miraculously landed on the trampoline, bounced up and then dropped through the trampoline. That's what saved my dog - I even bought my neighbor a brand new trampoline even though he insisted he'd replace it himeself.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It happened during the night as well and just heard my dog screaming out in pain in my neighbor's yard and while running over there I saw the tyre marks and started connecting the dots. My neighor has a camera system so that's how I confirmed he had been hit by a car and miraculously landed on the trampoline, bounced up and then dropped through the trampoline. That's what saved my dog - I even bought my neighbor a brand new trampoline even though he insisted he'd replace it himeself.

Your dog is destined live long for that share of luck to pour down in that odd hour that happened. An unlucky dog would have been killed on the spot. You did well getting your neighbour a brand new trampoline. I would do the same if I were in your shoes. 

On 9/2/2022 at 3:52 PM, Heatman said:

Your dog is destined live long for that share of luck to pour down in that odd hour that happened. An unlucky dog would have been killed on the spot. You did well getting your neighbour a brand new trampoline. I would do the same if I were in your shoes. 

He's a great neighbor and even though none of us caused it, at the end of the day, that trampoline saved my dog because had he hit the ground at the initial velocity he was going, I doubt my dog would've survived.

On 9/6/2022 at 1:33 AM, killamch89 said:

He's a great neighbor and even though none of us caused it, at the end of the day, that trampoline saved my dog because had he hit the ground at the initial velocity he was going, I doubt my dog would've survived.

It's called GRACE!! Your dog had it and that's exactly what intervened and saved his life. 

On 9/11/2022 at 1:19 PM, Heatman said:

It's called GRACE!! Your dog had it and that's exactly what intervened and saved his life. 

Yeah - I'm happy he's almost fully healed. When I went to the vet, they had just finished examining him and were going to put him back in his enclosure. When I called out to him he jumped out of the Vet assistant's arm and ran straight to me and jumped in my arms. I was really tempted to take him home but he has a few more days of treatment before I can get him back.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - I'm happy he's almost fully healed. When I went to the vet, they had just finished examining him and were going to put him back in his enclosure. When I called out to him he jumped out of the Vet assistant's arm and ran straight to me and jumped in my arms. I was really tempted to take him home but he has a few more days of treatment before I can get him back.

That's very good to hear. A few more days isn't going to be long and he's going to be back home soon. I would definitely love to see his pictures when he gets home if you don't mind 😊

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's very good to hear. A few more days isn't going to be long and he's going to be back home soon. I would definitely love to see his pictures when he gets home if you don't mind 😊

Technically speaking, you're right. But when someone you love is unable to come home for "a few more days" those days feel like a lifetime. Trust me on that. We're going out of town for about a week here soon, and I'm already having separation anxiety due to being away from my pitbull for so long. I'm looking forward to getting home to see her again as much as I am to the trip, if not moreso.

Edited by The Blackangel

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Technically speaking, you're right. But when someone you love is unable to come home for "a few more days" those days feel like a lifetime. Trust me on that. We're going out of town for about a week here soon, and I'm already having separation anxiety due to being away from my pitbull for so long. I'm looking forward to getting home to see her again as much as I am to the trip, if not moreso.

I understand you very and I get that feeling so well too because I have been there a few times. If it's possible to take her, maybe you should consider it. I know it's going to cost more especially if you're flying but if you can afford to, do it.