Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:09 AM, The Blackangel said:

Slow for the most part. Except for last night. I got a hedgie. Here's a couple pics of her. I haven't picked a name yet, but I have a few possibilities rattling around the empty space in my head.

0A.JPG

0A2.JPG

You know - I've been thinking about getting a hedgehog but I don't know how my dogs would interact with it. I'd have to slowly introduce them and probably bring items with its scent for them to get used to it.

Your dogs should do fine. Let them meet her/him from outside the cage before attempting to introduce it outside. I have 6 dogs and they all do just fine. But remember that hedgies are nocturnal, so if you try to play with it during the day, you will make it mad as it's trying to sleep. You can buy pellets to feed them, but since they're insectivores, I recommend dried meal worms if you choose a cage enclosure. If you go with a tank, you can use live. You can also feed them cat food. But remember they have small mouths, so you wouldn't want anything bigger than cat food or meal worms. I highly get one that has been handled since birth. They will be more accustomed to being handled, thus they will be friendlier. You'll have to get used to their spines when you pick them up. They're extremely sharp, which leaves a lot of people unable to handle them.

Also they love being tickled on the belly.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 2/9/2023 at 10:29 AM, The Blackangel said:

Your dogs should do fine. Let them meet her/him from outside the cage before attempting to introduce it outside. I have 6 dogs and they all do just fine. But remember that hedgies are nocturnal, so if you try to play with it during the day, you will make it mad as it's trying to sleep. You can buy pellets to feed them, but since they're insectivores, I recommend dried meal worms if you choose a cage enclosure. If you go with a tank, you can use live. You can also feed them cat food. But remember they have small mouths, so you wouldn't want anything bigger than cat food or meal worms. I highly get one that has been handled since birth. They will be more accustomed to being handled, thus they will be friendlier. You'll have to get used to their spines when you pick them up. They're extremely sharp, which leaves a lot of people unable to handle them.

Also they love being tickled on the belly.

Thanks for the tips and yes I knew about the belly tickling thing.

On 2/12/2023 at 9:36 AM, Nebulous said:

Hi all, how we doing today? 

I'm doing pretty good for the most part. How about yourself?

@Rain Dew and I went to a dinosaur event Friday. It was a total letdown. There was almost nothing there, and what was there was entirely child oriented. I'm talking under 10. So for adults to drive several hours to an event that had virtually nothing, it was entirely a waste of money. But the concession stand is where they really rip you off. A can of soda was $3. But that's not the worst of it. A damn hotdog cost $8. EIGHT DAMN DOLLARS. If @Rain Dew had wanted one I wouldn't have let her eat it. We would have had the damn thing bronzed instead. I bought a soda that I thought would get me a fountain drink. How wrong I was.

On 2/26/2023 at 9:50 PM, Nebulous said:

Hope everyone had a great weekend and will have a great week ahead! 🙂

Doing pretty good mate, how's your weekend been?

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

@Rain Dew and I went to a dinosaur event Friday. It was a total letdown. There was almost nothing there, and what was there was entirely child oriented. I'm talking under 10. So for adults to drive several hours to an event that had virtually nothing, it was entirely a waste of money. But the concession stand is where they really rip you off. A can of soda was $3. But that's not the worst of it. A damn hotdog cost $8. EIGHT DAMN DOLLARS. If @Rain Dew had wanted one I wouldn't have let her eat it. We would have had the damn thing bronzed instead. I bought a soda that I thought would get me a fountain drink. How wrong I was.

$8 dollars for a hotdog and it's not the movies?! On another note, to be fair, a dinosaur event does sound like something that'd have Barney the purple dinosaur.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

$8 dollars for a hotdog and it's not the movies?! On another note, to be fair, a dinosaur event does sound like something that'd have Barney the purple dinosaur.

Yeah it was an offensive price. We actually went out to eat afterwards. We had planned on eating there at the event, but with those prices, we decided to get an actual meal somewhere in town.

As for Barney, it would have been interesting to see some asshole in the costume standing next to a life size T-Rex that actually moved a little bit.

On 2/28/2023 at 4:46 AM, The Blackangel said:

Yeah it was an offensive price. We actually went out to eat afterwards. We had planned on eating there at the event, but with those prices, we decided to get an actual meal somewhere in town.

As for Barney, it would have been interesting to see some asshole in the costume standing next to a life size T-Rex that actually moved a little bit.

I totally understand - there's this sandwich place that's right beside my dog's vet that sells some delicious Italian sandwiches but they're expensive as hell. Something like $4 for half a sub - I'd much rather deal with traffic and go to some other fast food restaurant than pay that...

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I totally understand - there's this sandwich place that's right beside my dog's vet that sells some delicious Italian sandwiches but they're expensive as hell. Something like $4 for half a sub - I'd much rather deal with traffic and go to some other fast food restaurant than pay that...

That's actually really cheap here. The only place I can think of that goes that low is Subway. Everything else around here is at least $6+ for a 6". It's why I often just buy the ingredients and make my own at home.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's actually really cheap here. The only place I can think of that goes that low is Subway. Everything else around here is at least $6+ for a 6". It's why I often just buy the ingredients and make my own at home.

Same - I make most of my meals at home because I'm not paying extra for sub-standard fast food meals.