Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

My 70 pound pitbull does the same thing. She also has it in her head that she’s a lapdog. I guess she thinks she’s also a chihuahua since I have 3 of them as well. It’s kinda funny because one of the chihuahuas more or less owns her. They’re best friends, but he is definitely the dominant one out of the two. Watching him chase her all over the yard or chase her away if he’s got a treat and doesn’t want to share is absolutely hilarious.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:24 PM, The Blackangel said:

My 70 pound pitbull does the same thing. She also has it in her head that she’s a lapdog. I guess she thinks she’s also a chihuahua since I have 3 of them as well. It’s kinda funny because one of the chihuahuas more or less owns her. They’re best friends, but he is definitely the dominant one out of the two. Watching him chase her all over the yard or chase her away if he’s got a treat and doesn’t want to share is absolutely hilarious.

I instantly knew when my dog was aware I was at the vet because the moment I opened my mouth, he started barking(he has a special bark for me so anyone who is around him knows I'm coming) so I said to the lady at the desk "I've come to pick up that barking dog." He's a handful to handle at times but he's obedient for the most part - he even started complaining that I left him at the vet. 🤣

I learned something interesting tonight. My dog can officially kick my ass. I’m in the emergency room waiting on my discharge papers. We were getting ready for bed early since I had a migraine. She was in front of me, and something had to have spooked her. Because she suddenly spun around so damn fast I actually didn’t see it. As she spun around she slammed her head directly into my nose. I honestly thought she broke it, which is why I’m at the hospital. Luckily it’s not broken, but THIS SHIT FUCKING HURTS!

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

I learned something interesting tonight. My dog can officially kick my ass. I’m in the emergency room waiting on my discharge papers. We were getting ready for bed early since I had a migraine. She was in front of me, and something had to have spooked her. Because she suddenly spun around so damn fast I actually didn’t see it. As she spun around she slammed her head directly into my nose. I honestly thought she broke it, which is why I’m at the hospital. Luckily it’s not broken, but THIS SHIT FUCKING HURTS!

Wow! That's crazy. Sorry to hear but at least your nose isn't broken. Do keep us posted.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Sorry to hear that and those things do tend to happen sometimes. How do you manage to walk your dog?

On 8/19/2019 at 10:18 AM, The Blackangel said:

It started as a kid. As for what triggers is, literally any time I see a group of holes. I can't handle it. I can't even look at shoes much because so many of them are designed like nets or lattice patterns. I have to stay with tennis shoes mostly. I hate pumps so my heels have to be block or wedge (which isn't a problem). But I have to be careful to find any that are solid material. Looking at anything that is a bunch of holes sends me into a full blown panic attack instantly. I had one last night that was so severe I passed out. This shit is really getting dangerous for me.

Really late response, I used to have some version of this as a kid. I wouldn't eat food with holes in it, or would like, break a bagel in half before I ate it, to eliminate the worst of the offending holes.

But then for some reason, in my mind-teens, I had some kind of aesthetic preference develop for things that look organic/biological, so stuff with holes in it became appealing. Still kind of troubling, but like appealing while also being unsettling. I really like things with holes now. But in an "acquired taste" way. Like loving insects, even though they still make me squeamish. I can still relate to sensory issues though. But I don't know what one can do about them other than avoid the triggering things :/

I just got back to my hotel room after being at the KC Renfest all day. It’s not very good this year. Boring as hell, actually. And the Renfest is the one thing I look forward to the most every year. But this is also the last weekend for this year, so that may have something to do with it. I dunno. Either way it wasn’t much fun this year.

Not to mention that my power chair got stuck in the mud about 40 trillion times. Ugh.

It's been pretty alright so far - mating season now though so my male dogs are at it -_-. They keep finding creative ways to get out of the yard to go mate but then I find them at my gate crying to come back in 🤣

Edited by killamch89