Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

Hello everyone how is everyone going on this fine December, it's getting cold where I am, in fact, it might snow in the next two days if the weather keeps up. Then again it can change. Other than the weather, busy trying to dave up for more PC memory since 16GB is not enough. Today is not my day, it's shopping hype. Yep got no choice to go out and get food in. So what's your day been so far?

I've been up for about an hour and a half. I'm a little worried about one of my dragons, a I found that her heat lamp wasn't on last night. Especially since I have to have it cold in order to be able to sleep. I'm trying to get 4 new rats accustomed to me handling them. The people I got the from didn't take care of them. They're all severely overweight, so I'm having to take extreme care in feeding them. Mostly watching what veggies I give them and changing the pellets to the brand I have always used. They love the veggies, but aren't too happy about the pellet change. I have 10 rats and 4 cages, plus an aquarium for them. The cages are sometimes called "rat cities" which is understandable. They're $200 at the pet stores here. They seem to be about half that at some sites online, but when you need one immediately, you don't really have much choice.

1590999580_RatCage.thumb.jpg.fac28ad72a853c282fb672d0e55193f9.jpg

Good afternoon people, it's friday in the UK as I speak and the weather is very bad. Raining and windy as flip. That being said I'm at home for the full day anyway and looking forward to getting my G29 out of the box for tomorrow for doing trucking. I might get DLCs before I start.

Other then that how's everyone else?  

If it’s clear enough tonight I’m going to get my telescope out. It’s a Celestron NexStar 5se. For those not into astronomy, it’s one of the best on the market. It can be a bit of a pain to fully set up at times, but it’s more than worth the hassle. Especially being that I can see nebulae outside of our solar system. Saturn and Jupiter are absolutely gorgeous and completely mesmerizing. Seeing them in a picture is nothing compared to actually seeing them with your own eyes. It’s like the pyramids ir Stonehenge. Sure it’s amazing in pictures, but it can’t compare in any way to actually seeing it firsthand.

The planets take my breath away every time.

Astronomy is a passion for me that supersedes gaming. If I was a good student, I would go to college and work towards a Ph.D in astronomy. But I just don’t have the self discipline to apply myself. Also I doubt I would get accepted anywhere, seeing as how I dropped out halfway into my junior year. Prior to that, if I got a D- I was happy because it meant I passed. Not exactly a scholastic record that would impress anyone.