Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

On 1/1/2021 at 7:57 PM, Alexander. said:

Good evening everybody! Happy Christmas and new year, hopefully 2021 will be much more positive and covid will be a thing of the past. How is everybody?

Pretty good man and unfortunately, covid will be with us for a while longer and the after effects will be felt for a couple of years. What's going on with you?

On 1/10/2021 at 3:25 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't know what game to play. Gamer's block

I understand what you mean but the term is quite interesting 😹

On 1/10/2021 at 9:04 PM, The Blackangel said:

You have gamers block, and I have burnout from Hell. I don't want to play anything. It sucks, but I get like this more often than I would like.

Sometimes it's good to take a break. I do it every now and then just to come back to gaming with renewed vigor and enthusiasm.

Burnout happens increasingly frequently for me these days. As I have said, I have nothing but empty time, and have to find something to occupy it. Hell I probably check this forum 15-20 times per day. Nothing to do, so why the hell not? Trying to occupy my mind when I’m burned out, is next to impossible.

When you get to the point that you start counting the scales on your dragons, you know the burnout is bad.

56 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Burnout happens increasingly frequently for me these days. As I have said, I have nothing but empty time, and have to find something to occupy it. Hell I probably check this forum 15-20 times per day. Nothing to do, so why the hell not? Trying to occupy my mind when I’m burned out, is next to impossible.

When you get to the point that you start counting the scales on your dragons, you know the burnout is bad.

Maybe try a new game or play one you haven't played in a long while. Something I've been thinking about doing is have a day of the week for certain games. Like Friday horror, Tuesday binge a series. That's what I did yesterday, nothing but Assassin's Creed games. Was fun too comparing them and adventuring in different atmospheres. Play a little, then put in another so you don't spend too much time on one in the series. I wouldn't mind having a classic game day in the week and play nothing but old stuff. I just might do that. 

On 1/13/2021 at 8:38 PM, The Blackangel said:

Or maybe try a new book or just try to alter your routine slightly, it surprising what a small change does to your day. Ever since this whole lockdown thing, I've been spending far more time with my dogs but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Animals are some of the best teachers and entertainers around.

The best therapists have 4 legs and fur. I have a bit of a zoo here. But I do read once in a while. Mostly it's Poe and occult literature. There is one modern fantasy novel that I absolutely love. I've read it so many times I almost know the story word for word by heart. It's an awesome book. For anyone curious it's called Knight's Wyrd. I love the story so much, that I collect hardback copies of it. I have several dozen so far. I find them on eBay for $5 on average. There is one dumbass on there wanting over $100 for his copy. He'll never get it.

It snowed overnight here and left around 4” of powder. I can’t even look towards a window. The light reflecting off the snow is so bright it can burn my eyes and leave me blind for up to two days.

I’ve spoken to doctors and optometrists and they aren’t sure what to do about my photosensitivity. They just tell me to keep up what I’m doing. Sunglasses all the time, and double up if I’m going out.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:35 PM, The Blackangel said:

It snowed overnight here and left around 4” of powder. I can’t even look towards a window. The light reflecting off the snow is so bright it can burn my eyes and leave me blind for up to two days.

I’ve spoken to doctors and optometrists and they aren’t sure what to do about my photosensitivity. They just tell me to keep up what I’m doing. Sunglasses all the time, and double up if I’m going out.

So can you have the TV on or is your place completely dark ?

I can have the TV on, but it's set to as low a brightness as it can get. The same goes for my phone and the TV I use as my computer monitor. Everything is in dark mode if that is available. My Switch is set to dark mode. I have light blocking curtains which put the rooms into a total blackout. And yet, I still wear sunglasses inside. If I'm going out somewhere, and someone else is driving instead of fighting the light with sunglasses, I wear one of those sleeping masks that cover your eyes and block out all light. The precautions my eyes require is pure hell. I even have to buy the darkest shade of white printer paper I can get. And that shit don't come cheap. here it runs about $10 for 150 sheets. And there's only one store in town that carries any of the stuff. It's at a shade that is just shy of being able to be called gray. I do have regular white printer paper, but It's for shit I will never see again, so unless I'm mailing a fan letter or something, I don't use it. For my own documents, I use the gray.

Take care of and rest your eyes people. You don't want this life.