Register Now
DC

Community Chat #1

On 5/19/2021 at 1:18 PM, The Blackangel said:

I lost 4 rats in the span of a month. So I've been pretty fucked up. But that part is nothing unusual.

Was it in-fighting or other things? I heard that rats tend to fight a lot and you have to keep them separated at all times.

The opposite is actually true. Rats are social animals and can't survive alone. They require the company of other rats to survive. Sure there will be a "battle" for dominance, but that's typically just wrestling and boxing. Yes they do box. It's almost never true violence unless the rat itself is just mean. And they almost never get mean until they get old. In my case, my rats are all a little over 2 years old, so they are getting up there in age. Rats have an average life span of 2-3 years. But it doesn't make it any easier to lose so many at once. I will be breeding a couple of them starting tomorrow (5-29-21) hopefully. I just have to get some reorganizing done. The doe that I plan on breeding has had several litters before, so I hope she can have one last litter safely. The buck is a hairless, so it will be interesting to see who the pups take after.

On 5/28/2021 at 7:58 PM, The Blackangel said:

The opposite is actually true. Rats are social animals and can't survive alone. They require the company of other rats to survive. Sure there will be a "battle" for dominance, but that's typically just wrestling and boxing. Yes they do box. It's almost never true violence unless the rat itself is just mean. And they almost never get mean until they get old. In my case, my rats are all a little over 2 years old, so they are getting up there in age. Rats have an average life span of 2-3 years. But it doesn't make it any easier to lose so many at once. I will be breeding a couple of them starting tomorrow (5-29-21) hopefully. I just have to get some reorganizing done. The doe that I plan on breeding has had several litters before, so I hope she can have one last litter safely. The buck is a hairless, so it will be interesting to see who the pups take after.

You know when you said one of your rats was hairless I imagined some of their offsprings coming out looking a bit like poodles. I don't know why...

5 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I just bought The Last of Us 2; I'm excited!  

Pity I don't have a Sony console currently or I'd have gotten a while back but I heard it's a pretty great game so I know you'll enjoy it. Although, the Last Of Us tends to throw you for a loop quite a bit but that's what makes it enjoyable.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:27 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I just bought The Last of Us 2; I'm excited!  

I've had people mock me because I support that game, but believe me: I love that game. Naughty Dog is capable of creating gaming gold.

So yeah. We all know as to why people hate on the game. But that's just a few aspects.

1 minute ago, Candy Stick said:

I've had people mock me because I support that game, but believe me: I love that game. Naughty Dog is capable of creating gaming gold.

So yeah. We all know as to why people hate on the game. But that's just a few aspects.

From what I've seen, it's a pretty great game so I don't understand the hate - I never understood it really...