Register Now
m76

Do you find it hard to start playing a new game for the first time?

I often find myself struggling with a lack of willpower when it comes to starting a new game for the first time. I couldn't tell you why, it's just that sometimes it takes me days to work up to just install the game, and then it can take any amount of time before I decide to actually play them. After that first session however getting back to the game is not a problem, if the game is actually good. Maybe it is the fear of being disappointed in the game that keeps me away for so long.

Do you install and play new games instantly as you purchase them, if not how long does it take you usually to get from purchase to playing the game?

On 9/13/2021 at 3:14 AM, Family sedan said:

I'll usually play a game right when I get it home, unless a relative is visiting or chores need to get done.

That implies having to leave the house to buy games. I don't even remember the time when I last went out specifically to buy a game. Most PC games are digital, and the few console games I bought were delivered to my doorstep.

Yes, it's extremely difficult for me. I still have several PS3 games that I have never played even once. I just can't get around to playing them for some reason. I don't know why. Fear of the unknown maybe. Like an inmate having a fear of freedom. I know some are awesome titles, but I just can't bring myself to play them. Like I said, I honestly don't know why.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:16 AM, The Blackangel said:

Yes, it's extremely difficult for me. I still have several PS3 games that I have never played even once. I just can't get around to playing them for some reason. I don't know why. Fear of the unknown maybe. Like an inmate having a fear of freedom. I know some are awesome titles, but I just can't bring myself to play them. Like I said, I honestly don't know why.

I don't know - you could just be a hoarder. I have several games on Steam that I have yet to even make an attempt at playing and I've bought them for years. Yet I play a new game almost every week.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:14 AM, Family sedan said:

I'll usually play a game right when I get it home, unless a relative is visiting or chores need to get done.

My playing of a new game immediately is completely dependent on how my schedule was immediately after getting it. If it's free, I'm getting into the game ASAP. 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't know - you could just be a hoarder. I have several games on Steam that I have yet to even make an attempt at playing and I've bought them for years. Yet I play a new game almost every week.

I don't think it's a hoarder issue. I have 10 times as many games on NES as I do on PS3, and have no issue getting around to playing them. I think the issues is just how new of a system the PS3 is, and that I'm a classic gamer. It's just too new for me to fully get into. Sure there are games that I enjoy, like GoW and Dante's Inferno. I love those. But I just can't get around to playing them.

9 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I don't think it's a hoarder issue. I have 10 times as many games on NES as I do on PS3, and have no issue getting around to playing them. I think the issues is just how new of a system the PS3 is, and that I'm a classic gamer. It's just too new for me to fully get into. Sure there are games that I enjoy, like GoW and Dante's Inferno. I love those. But I just can't get around to playing them.

Yeah - I get that which is more like not being able to adapt to the new gaming system easily with the games you really enjoyed playing in your old system. It's happened to me a few times moving from my retro game system to the recent system.