Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather be colorblind or lose the ability to read forever?

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm already colorblind, and have shitty reading skills. I actually think I may be dyslexic, but can't afford the test, as it tends to run $2k around here. But since I need the ability to read and I'm already colorblind, I would choose the colorblindness.

Well you did mention being colorblind - Have you tried to find an affordable alternative to the dyslexic test?

1 hour ago, ZandraJoi said:

I pick being colorblind. I love to read as well as write & cannot imagine not having that ability anymore. I love learning & studying & I learn best when I can see the written words versus hearing it.

I write a lot too. As it is, I've finished two full length novels, several short stories, and a hell of a lot of unconventional poetry.

On 9/15/2021 at 12:19 PM, The Blackangel said:

I write a lot too. As it is, I've finished two full length novels, several short stories, and a hell of a lot of unconventional poetry.

Wow! I'm impressed! Have any of them been published? Or are they just for your own eyes? Do you keep a diary as well?

I had started a book, wrote numerous poems. Kept a diary since 1990. But all of my writings are for my own personal use. I shared them sometimes with family or friends, but they were just therapeutic for me. Plus, when you are a writer, you HAVE to write to get it out of your head! Are you like that too?

On 9/15/2021 at 9:39 AM, ZandraJoi said:

I pick being colorblind. I love to read as well as write & cannot imagine not having that ability anymore. I love learning & studying & I learn best when I can see the written words versus hearing it.

I totally agree - I can't imagine being without the ability to read and write because I wouldn't be able to read basic signs and they I'd be screwed.