Register Now
killamch89

Do you believe in the existence of aliens?

Think of it like this. Earth has intelligent life. This means that the possibility of intelligent life in this universe is acceptable, no matter how small of a possibility that is. If the universe is truly infinite, then the possibility of intelligent life repeats itself many, many times over. Mentally assign the sides of a coin, with tails as “there is intelligent life here”, and heads as “there is no intelligent life here.”

If I flip a coin for the rest of time, eventually I will get tails rather than heads, no? That’s the gist. Our planet met the possibility & in an infinite universe, that means it has to happen again. Law of probability, if you wanna look some up.

Yes there is life out there. Whether we will ever encounter is is irrelevant. It is there. Anyone who says it's not is a narcissistic arrogant fool. When you realize that the Universe is infinite, and that there is an uncountable number of galaxies out there, with an uncountable number of solar systems and an uncountable number of planets, it is 100% impossible for there to NOT be life out there. The only life that we're publicly aware of, is the life that comes from this planet. yet our habitable zone could be the deadliest zone to other life forms. Some may require the furthest depths of Jupiter to survive. There may even be creatures near the core of Jupiter. We don't know, because as a species we have neither the technology nor the capabilities to reach that far. Others may require the conditions of Venus to survive. Their version of water may be sulfuric acid. A temperate day to them could be 900°. There may even be life that lives inside a star. We simply haven't met that life.

Remember that scientists are discovering new life every day. It's almost always insects or new forms of bacteria. And when you consider that the Universe is infinite and compare the size of our planet, Earth doesn't even exist. Earth is a very small planet. But in the grand scheme of things, it's not even an electron on an electrons ass. We simply don't exist, nor does our planet in comparison. Especially when you consider planets like HD 81817 b, which is more than 27 times the size of Jupiter. Thus making it the largest exoplanet we have discovered to date. But it could be irrelevant as well. There could be a planet out there beyond our sight, that is bigger than our entire solar system. That would be interesting.

And like I said, whether or not we ever encounter alien life is irrelevant. It is still out there.

Edited by The Blackangel

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Yes there is life out there. Whether we will ever encounter is is irrelevant. It is there. Anyone who says it's not is a narcissistic arrogant fool. When you realize that the Universe is infinite, and that there is an uncountable number of galaxies out there, with an uncountable number of solar systems and an uncountable number of planets, it is 100% impossible for there to NOT be life out there. The only life that we're publicly aware of, is the life that comes from this planet. yet our habitable zone could be the deadliest zone to other life forms. Some may require the furthest depths of Jupiter to survive. There may even be creatures near the core of Jupiter. We don't know, because as a species we have neither the technology nor the capabilities to reach that far. Others may require the conditions of Venus to survive. Their version of water may be sulfuric acid. A temperate day to them could be 900°. There may even be life that lives inside a star. We simply haven't met that life.

Remember that scientists are discovering new life every day. It's almost always insects or new forms of bacteria. And when you consider that the Universe is infinite and compare the size of our planet, Earth doesn't even exist. Earth is a very small planet. But in the grand scheme of things, it's not even an electron on an electrons ass. We simply don't exist, nor does our planet in comparison. Especially when you consider planets like HD 81817 b, which is more than 27 times the size of Jupiter. Thus making it the largest exoplanet we have discovered to date. But it could be irrelevant as well. There could be a planet out there beyond our sight, that is bigger than our entire solar system. That would be interesting.

And like I said, whether or not we ever encounter alien life is irrelevant. It is still out there.

Yeah, it's almost a given that extra terrestrial life is out there. What I didn't want is somebody to start with the conspiracy theories about Alien encounters lol.

14 hours ago, Empire said:

Think of it like this. Earth has intelligent life. This means that the possibility of intelligent life in this universe is acceptable, no matter how small of a possibility that is. If the universe is truly infinite, then the possibility of intelligent life repeats itself many, many times over. Mentally assign the sides of a coin, with tails as “there is intelligent life here”, and heads as “there is no intelligent life here.”

If I flip a coin for the rest of time, eventually I will get tails rather than heads, no? That’s the gist. Our planet met the possibility & in an infinite universe, that means it has to happen again. Law of probability, if you wanna look some up.

Yeah, you're absolutely spot on.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, it's almost a given that extra terrestrial life is out there. What I didn't want is somebody to start with the conspiracy theories about Alien encounters lol.

I was abducted by aliens. They took me to the intergalactic council. I spoke for the Milky Way galaxy and now it's a popular vacation spot, especially for the guys from the Andromeda galaxy. Also our depiction of "the grays" really pisses everyone off. There are no "grays" out there. They are all actually a form of blue, and they are pets like how dogs are for us. They don't fly crafts. The "flying saucer" thing is another one that pisses everyone off. No one has ever used a craft like that. They gave me alien food, that was surprisingly really good. I didn't ask what it was, I just ate with them. Afterwards they took me to the chief of the council, and it turned out to be none other than Vrillon himself! I was both shocked and honored. I told him that we had received his message, but had not heeded it. He was really disappointed. He was however happy that I had however. He even gave me a device to use that would get me and everyone I care about off the planet when it all goes to shit. Then he said it was time for me to go back, and they beamed me down, like Star Trek. That was a weird ride. After that they were gone.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I was abducted by aliens. They took me to the intergalactic council. I spoke for the Milky Way galaxy and now it's a popular vacation spot, especially for the guys from the Andromeda galaxy. Also our depiction of "the grays" really pisses everyone off. There are no "grays" out there. They are all actually a form of blue, and they are pets like how dogs are for us. They don't fly crafts. The "flying saucer" thing is another one that pisses everyone off. No one has ever used a craft like that. They gave me alien food, that was surprisingly really good. I didn't ask what it was, I just ate with them. Afterwards they took me to the chief of the council, and it turned out to be none other than Vrillon himself! I was both shocked and honored. I told him that we had received his message, but had not heeded it. He was really disappointed. He was however happy that I had however. He even gave me a device to use that would get me and everyone I care about off the planet when it all goes to shit. Then he said it was time for me to go back, and they beamed me down, like Star Trek. That was a weird ride. After that they were gone.

What on Earth...Don't give those nutcases more ammunition to tell us that the world's leaders are aliens. 🤣🤣🤣

I believe they exist. To think we are the only beings out there is narcissistical.

With billions of planets just in our own Milky Way Galaxy, not to mention many other galaxies with their own supply of planets, you have to think there is life out there. We also have to step out of our thinking that ‘life’ may not be what WE look or act like. It’s mind-boggling the various beings, cultures that could be out there.

On 9/15/2021 at 11:18 AM, The Blackangel said:

The worlds leaders are not aliens. We all know that.

They're lizard people.

Lies! They're leeches or more accurately ticks - All they do is leech off their citizens. Just look at the words: Poli - means, Tics - Blood sucking parasites. You cannot find a better word to describe them.

There's no doubt in my mind that there is extraterrestrial life out there somewhere, it might even be within this very system on moons like Europa (Jupiter) or Enceladus (Saturn).

The requirements for life to evolve like it did on earth are very specific, maybe even unique.  There are some exoplanets that have been discovered that may have a temperature, atmosphere, liquid water and rotation compareble to Earth.

It is specific but with the hundreds of billions of stars in our Milky Way alone it seems like a statistical impossibility that this is the only planet where life exists.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I was going to mention that one!

Poli - Latin for many
Ticks - blood sucking parasites

Politics

There was never a better word created to describe those that work in government.

I didn't even bother looking up who came up with it because that person's a genius.

5 hours ago, Sharon said:

Yes I believe there are other life forms out there. Are we the only humans? I believe so. Are there difference living beings in other galaxies? I believe there are.

There's no doubt but do you personally believe they've been to Earth?

4 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

There's no doubt in my mind that there is extraterrestrial life out there somewhere, it might even be within this very system on moons like Europa (Jupiter) or Enceladus (Saturn).

The requirements for life to evolve like it did on earth are very specific, maybe even unique.  There are some exoplanets that have been discovered that may have a temperature, atmosphere, liquid water and rotation compareble to Earth.

It is specific but with the hundreds of billions of stars in our Milky Way alone it seems like a statistical impossibility that this is the only planet where life exists.

That's more or less fact and I totally agree.

We could all possibly share DNA of aliens. All it takes is some asteroid that had DNA of some other life on another planet and hit Earth. Under the right conditions, bacteria or a dead alien body shed cells with DNA; then evolution takes place over a billion years and you get multicellular organisms that all came from the aliens. All of our elements come from space and carbon being the backbone of all organic life, came from stardust. Other elements came from stardust. So we definitely are made up of stars and who knows where the DNA came from. We could be a parasitic mutation of alien life. But, for sure there is alien life out there. There are other suns. Oxygen is abundant everywhere, just not in usable form. All it takes is a dead star and you got what you need for life somewhere else. And wherever that is, doesn’t mean they need a sun, atmosphere, water, and oxygen. That’s what we need here, but physics and chemistry does not evolve around man’s understanding of it.

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

We could all possibly share DNA of aliens. All it takes is some asteroid that had DNA of some other life on another planet and hit Earth. Under the right conditions, bacteria or a dead alien body shed cells with DNA; then evolution takes place over a billion years and you get multicellular organisms that all came from the aliens. All of our elements come from space and carbon being the backbone of all organic life, came from stardust. Other elements came from stardust. So we definitely are made up of stars and who knows where the DNA came from. We could be a parasitic mutation of alien life. But, for sure there is alien life out there. There are other suns. Oxygen is abundant everywhere, just not in usable form. All it takes is a dead star and you got what you need for life somewhere else. And wherever that is, doesn’t mean they need a sun, atmosphere, water, and oxygen. That’s what we need here, but physics and chemistry does not evolve around man’s understanding of it.

Are you meaning neutron stars, black holes, pulsars, or quasars?