Register Now
Steerminator

Looking Forward to Metroid Dread

Not too long ago I saw the trailer for Metroid Dread and thought it was pretty awesome.  I've been thinking about Metroid in general a lot since then and decided it was a good time to play some of the Metroid games I had never played yet (Metroid Prime 2 and 3).  Anyways, I think it looks like it could be a really good game.  

The last Metroid game I have really appreciated was Metroid Fusion, which was a long time ago. Finally, Metroid Dread will arrive soon, I’ve been waiting patiently for “Metroid 5” since then. But, not to be negative here, Nintendo has placed the Metroid series on the back of the line so to speak for quite a while now. I’m uncertain for Samus’ future after Metroid Dread.

I just played the demo on my Switch, its really good , graphically speaking it looks really smooth , the shooting is fast and light easy to handle, the counter attack is easier to pull off this time unlike the 3ds version which I always found hard to get used to. The hardest part of the demo was escaping from the EMMI that thing is invincible and can kill you in one hit. Its a very good game although I dont know if I really want to spent the 60 dlls on it. I will probably wait a little longer on it.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:37 AM, Crazycrab said:

I can't quite put my finger on it but something feels a little off about this trailer...  It think it something about the sound design, it's kinda quiet and certain things like explosions don't seem to have much impact.

For me it's the constant black out in the trailer that's a big turn off for me. I don't get why it's made that way, I don't like it at all. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Metroid Dead isn't compatible with PS devices, it is compatible with Nintendo switch, unless it's developers being Nintendo company wants to port it to PS series, then I'll taste the game out. 

I would be looking at playing the game's Demo by tomorrow on my Nintendo Switch and from whatever I get or feel from it, is what's going to decide if I'm getting it or not. 

18 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I would be looking at playing the game's Demo by tomorrow on my Nintendo Switch and from whatever I get or feel from it, is what's going to decide if I'm getting it or not. 

That's a tremendous option, I'll be waiting for you to come with your decision by the end of today if you've tested the game on a demo version and your final conclusion. With what I've seen in it's trailer, the role playing game might be cool. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Metroid Dread is just compatible only with Nintendo gaming platforms, if not, I would've purchased it. 

I believe that's a fact that's already been established eeh? Maybe sooner or later, they will make it available on other platforms.