Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather have a terrible sore throat or a terrible cough?

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've had a cough for a long time, but it's related to a phlegm issue that I have had all my life. A sore throat fucks up everything. So I'll take the cough any day.

it's the coughing and nothing coming out despite your throat feeling stuffed that annoys me with coughing. Sore throat, you just have to endure it.

This is certainly a tough one. I hate having both especially when they are together. That's the worst! When you have a sore throat & the coughing is making it so much more painful. To answer I will say I rather have a sore throat. Coughing keeps waking me up so I never get any sleep. Sore throat I found using honey or melting ice cubes helps tone down the pain, albeit temporarily.

Sore throat. I hate coughing uncontrollably or not being able to breathe out of my nose. Maybe I've just never had a really bad sore throat, but they've never been too bothersome to me, other than as a harbinger of worse symptoms to come.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:01 AM, ZandraJoi said:

This is certainly a tough one. I hate having both especially when they are together. That's the worst! When you have a sore throat & the coughing is making it so much more painful. To answer I will say I rather have a sore throat. Coughing keeps waking me up so I never get any sleep. Sore throat I found using honey or melting ice cubes helps tone down the pain, albeit temporarily.

I agree that coughing is by far the more annoying one as you literally have to stop what you're doing to address it. Especially, when it's continuous with no end in sight.